Search the forum,

Discuss Advice re replacing a water hammer arrestor in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

I need to replace a water hammer arrestor on the cold feed to my combi boiler. (I have tried recharging it with air, but it's not holding the charge for very long.)

As you can see from the photo (below) the arrestor has a male thread which I believe is 1/2" which fits into a female BSP compression coupler. In order to form a water tight seal when I replace the defective arrestor with a new arrestor, would it be sufficient to make the seal with PTFE tape or is it likely there will be an olive or sealing ring that would likely need replacing?

Here's a photo of the arrestor in situ.

edit

(I've had problems trying to upload the photo, so please copy and paste the following link into your browser if you cannot see the photo:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3XriRG2gCWhNks3WlBVcjVfT28/edit?usp=sharing .)

Many thanks.

If it's losing the air pressure through the shrader valve, you could replace that for pennies

Thanks bewsh and lame plumber. I'll have a go at replacing it and see if the valve is the problem.

I like to have arrestor sitting vertical to save strain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Advice re replacing a water hammer arrestor in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock