Discuss Advice when tightness testing and permissable drop found in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi , just wanting some opinions over what the correct procedure is when tightness testing a property with all appliances connected and no reported smell of gas ? for example a drop of 2.5 mb over the 2 min test period would be within tolerance of either gas meter . What would the next step be as I am at odds with another gsr engineer who suggests that the source of the drop must be found .I would welcome any advice thanks Dom

With appliances connected, permissible drop is allowed with no smell of gas. Obviously if there is a loss which could be due to minor leakage through valves on gas appliances. It is the engineers judgement whether they need to look into it further. Personally, I would isolate all appliances and re-test to ensure its not on the gas installation pipe. Re-check to identify which appliance is letting by and take corrective action if I felt there was a safety issue.

If the customer has confirmed they cant smell gas then you don't have to trace and repair.
If they can its I.D

Hi , just wanting some opinions over what the correct procedure is when tightness testing a property with all appliances connected and no reported smell of gas ? for example a drop of 2.5 mb over the 2 min test period would be within tolerance of either gas meter . What would the next step be as I am at odds with another gsr engineer who suggests that the source of the drop must be found .I would welcome any advice thanks Dom

if you are GSR and the other person is , then this makes two of you . And both of you ned to go back to collage

Hi and thanks for all the replies ,phoned gas safe today and confirmed my thoughts were indeed correct ! it appears that only one of us need to go back to collage .

Hi and thanks for all the replies ,phoned gas safe today and confirmed my thoughts were indeed correct ! it appears that only one of us need to go back to collage .

Welcome to the forum Dom. People don't like talking about gas where everyone can see it in case somebody uses the info that shouldn't and things go breast up.

If your gsr then you'll need to increase your post count to 10 or over and then send a private message (pm) to gasman or redsaw with your gsr details, they'll ask a couple of questions to confirm and then they'll allow you into the hallowed gsr only forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Advice when tightness testing and permissable drop found in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I am a homeowner but caught between a rock & a hard place. I am trying to get a Vaillant ecoTEC 630 plus serviced but the gas safe engineer &...
Replies
Views
My water stinks. Smells musty. I installed a Whirlpool water softener mid February of this year ('23) and it's smelled ever since. So here's the...
Replies
Views
A
Hi all - hoping to get some advice here on a plumbing issue in our house. When we are showering / filling the bath and another appliance draws...
Replies
Views
Azonic
A
I'll pop this into the general advice forum as it seems the most active, but mods - feel free to move if there's somewhere more appropriate. Thank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I am a first time poster, and would be very grateful please for advice. We purchased and moved into a property two weeks ago. I am...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock