Search the forum,

Discuss Air lock in gravity system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wlinton66

I changed the pump and the three way port valve on a pumped gravity system. I filled the system (it took ages) and now have an air lock on the system, no water upstairs in the radiators. I've drained it down and tried to fill it again, it's even worse now. Would it be best to leave the system over night to sort itself out. Then go back and bleed the radiators.?Thanks will

yes often cure there selves over night so if its an option fine it definatelyt wont get worse and youll be fressh

There is an aerator on the system, would sludge in the aerator cause the system to fill up really slowly?

Get a magnet? If it's remotely attracted to the copper lump it's full of scale and mag.

It's a nightmare!! There is no air vent on hot water side. It has a three port valve fitted. It takes ages to fill and even then it the bottom radiators only that get filled. And then it stops dead. I noticed the header tank is 3/4 full also rather than 1/3 full. Obviously this could be adding to the problem

Go home have a rest. Tomorrow, drain down. Fit vents replace air separator. Fill system with mains pressure to speed up, jam bit of 15mm speed fit into tank connector hook other end up to lever ball valve on cold. Keep filling till steady stream runs out of vent. ( test overflow first)

Installed auto airvent, system sorted itself out over night, trouble getting the boiler to fire back up due to some air around the flow sensor in boiler, but after a few false starts , it sorted itself. Boiler was a Potterton promax HE. Thanks everyone will

Go home have a rest. Tomorrow, drain down. Fit vents replace air separator. Fill system with mains pressure to speed up, jam bit of 15mm speed fit into tank connector hook other end up to lever ball valve on cold. Keep filling till steady stream runs out of vent. ( test overflow first)

Ermi,

This sounds like a three handed job and the "go home and have a rest bit", Dr Ermintrude now is it, I will be Pm...ing you today with my personal problems, if you don't mind, I have this lump that's getting bigger !!!

Every time I drained my system at home got the same problem, decided to plank out the roof space, lifted the lagging and there it was the 15 mm CF from the FE tank running up to the elbow going into the cylinder cupboard, lifted the tank 50 mm problem solved an air lock waiting to happen, the plumber on drugs and trained at B&Q.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Air lock in gravity system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock