Discuss Airlock firebird Max 50/90 oil burner in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kd3968

Hi, could anyone tell me how to remove an airlock for a Firebird max 50/90 oil burner. The burner worked OK yesterday but won't start today. There is plenty of oil in the tank. The reset button was lit, i pressed it and got the normal sound but it will not fire up.

What makes you think you've got air in the line? And firebird is the boiler, what make and model is the burner?

The red cover to the burner has Firebird Max written on it. I don't know if it is an airlock but want to check before i call an engineer.

Unless you've run out of oil recently or are prone to them it'll be highly unlikely it's air.

Without being funny and because we don't know what burner you have - it'll be a rebadged one - it's best for you tou leave it alone mate.

The reason for this is there's a fairly critical part on the oil pump you mustn't touch without the proper guages or you will cause more harm than good.

Ask your oily when he's there to show you, he probably will, I know I do when asked, sometimes saves me having to go out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Airlock firebird Max 50/90 oil burner in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hi guys....we have an old Astracast sink top....I think its a composite sink....has a big single bowl. My wife thinks it looks scruffy....looks...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock