Search the forum,

Discuss alternative reference in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

quality

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Most folk have heard of of shifters and adjustables etc but I was working with a lad last week and he jokingly referred to a it as Swedish key. I was crying with laughter

Funny what names we learn to call different plumbing materials or tools.
Blow Lamp, - or Torch?
Olive, - or Ring?
Copper Pipe, or Copper Tube?
must be loads more

Most folk have heard of of shifters and adjustables etc but I was working with a lad last week and he jokingly referred to a it as Swedish key. I was crying with laughter

Believe it or not, the Nordic country's refer to the shifting spanner as a 'Svensknogle'
Which translates to 'swedish key'

The o in nogle has two .. over the 'o'. ( pronounced noiler ) which translated is 'key'
So - Swedish key -

I think they were the inventors of the shifting spanner.

So the Lad was correct in his naming of the device.

Believe it or not, the Nordic country's refer to the shifting spanner as a 'Svensknogle'
Which translates to 'swedish key'

The o in nogle has two .. over the 'o'. ( pronounced noiler ) which translated is 'key'

In Danish the 'o' has an '/' put through it, which makes an 'ur' sound. It still translates to the same thing ' Swedish key'

I think they were the inventors of the shifting spanner.

So the Lad was correct in his naming of the device.

Hope this helps - don't ask where I know this from

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to alternative reference in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Folks, Where is the place to order a Vaillant filling loop, please? I looked around on the net but can't seem to find it as a kit. I'm not...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I currently work in oil and gas industry working in North Sea and further afield operating on high pressure oil and gas plants. This...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a Glow-worm back boiler which is giving me grief (I would have upgraded it by now but its a listed building and there's issues with...
Replies
Views
Dear All New member here, coming looking for help. A few weeks ago I had work carried out by a British Gas Homecare service technician. It...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock