Discuss Always air in hot water system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Skoda101

Hi,
I have a oil combi central heating system with a indirect cylinder. The heating system works fine. With just the water turned on the top feed pipe into the cylinder gets really hot quick enough but the bottom pipe is cold. I have to bleed through the pump around every 20mins and after 3hrs I might get look warm water. I cannot turn the heating on at same time or I won't get any warm water as it seems to take pressure away, as it won't bleed out pump and top feed pipe goes from really hot to warm. Some air gets into the radiators as I need to bleed the bathroom every fortnight. Suspect as its a combi system then air getting into heating system from water system. This has been like this for years. Suspect either internal leak in cylinder but water out taps not dirty. Or underground leak but thought I would still see leak after all this time. Any suggestions
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Always air in hot water system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I recently installed new hot and cold feeds to a new downstairs cloakroom. After refilling the system the hot taps were all dribbling, spluttering...
Replies
Views
When I turn on our CH there's a lot of noise from one specific part of the system - the pipes on the landing, and one radiator. It sounds like...
Replies
Views
Firstly I won't be touching or going anything... I only want advice if this is right.. my partners dad has a aga that is solid fuel unregulated...
Replies
Views
Oil boiler (now~15 years old) unvented system with 17 radiators. We moved in 5 years ago and I had to keep bleeding the same radiator. The bleed...
Replies
Views
  • Solved
Hi, I am looking for a bit of advice. Our Gledhill hot water tank was installed incorrectly 18 months ago and has been sending bubbling hot...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock