Search the forum,

Discuss Am I Reading This Right? Consumer Credit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure thing but BG and the like have a large market off people who pay on credit and we all know they pay a premium for it.

Of course, you can still get non-payers but then you can get them in all walks of life.

Times are a changing, it may well be the way forward. But! I can't be arsed.

There are a couple of ways of going about this.

One is to offer your own credit deal. I think you need fairly deep pockets to do this, and also some expertise in running a cost effective accounts receivable operation.

A better option is to broker credit for a 3rd party provider, so you get paid on completion and the finance company get the grief thereafter. Obviously they are also going to take a lot of the profit, since they are bearing both the risk and the administrative expense.

There are a couple of ways of going about this.

One is to offer your own credit deal. I think you need fairly deep pockets to do this, and also some expertise in running a cost effective accounts receivable operation.

A better option is to broker credit for a 3rd party provider, so you get paid on completion and the finance company get the grief thereafter. Obviously they are also going to take a lot of the profit, since they are bearing both the risk and the administrative expense.

I wonder if we could collectively arrange a deal with a credit provider? Reduced admin fee if we get 100 members to sign up or similar...

As for taking a chunk of the profit, I'd offer credit as an optional extra and add the credit broker's fees to my quote as an arrangement fee (assuming that's legal)..

Ray you probably have more experience than most in offering credit I would guess. If you don't mind me asking roughly what percentage of your customers would default on accounts and not pay them full stop without legal action. Are we talking 1 in 1000, 1 in 100? I appreciate it's fairly commercially sensitive but rough ideas would be handy. If I knew that I would allow an amount on the quote for bad debts.

Our business has been fortunate and has been able to build up a decent balance in the bank over the last couple of years and so I could afford to wait for the cash. I think you can get non-paying customers whichever route they pay by.

Ray you probably have more experience than most in offering credit I would guess. If you don't mind me asking roughly what percentage of your customers would default on accounts and not pay them full stop without legal action. Are we talking 1 in 1000, 1 in 100? I appreciate it's fairly commercially sensitive but rough ideas would be handy. If I knew that I would allow an amount on the quote for bad debts.

Hi Keiran.

Will PM you.

Ray

Thanks Ray, appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Am I Reading This Right? Consumer Credit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock