Search the forum,

Discuss Another bg complaint!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

stevew451

once again Bg salesmen /engineers strike again as my parents both disabled are being pressurised by BG to get their system flushed even though the system was done 3 yrs ago
No proof ie sample or test was done to prove the neccesity of this other than the said engineer saying he got black water out of a rad funny thing no sample to view
Now these blackmailers are now refusing to but 3yr old rads on to the homecare system until they do a flush at as you can imagine BG prices!!!

if BG flushed it the first time then they have to do a reflush as they give a life time guarentee

macca

no this BG trying it on what will they say needs doing next year mmm this pipes being in for six months it needs changing where will the line be drawn !!

maybe office of fair trading can give advise as parents disabled? regards turnpin

if BG did the test properly ie take samples etc then proved it did need flushing then fair enough but not by just hearsay with no proof
Hell ive being to the moon ,well wheres the proof ,proof who needs that!

BG seem to be doing this a lot now,there new business plan,threatening to remove customers from plans ,if they do not have this or that done

Seems strange,customers go for it,they sign up for affordable payment schemes ,so they don't get hit with big bills,that they probably will not get anyway and then on top of the monthly payment,forced to fork out hundreds if not thousands of ÂŁ's on unnecessary repairs and boiler replacements,the very thing they are trying to avoid by being in a monthly payment scheme :(:(:(

Nice work if you can get it !!:rolleyes:

imho

Last edited by a moderator:
i try to persuade people set up a direct debit every month and save the money for a rainy day they could go years until they get a problem

i try to persuade people set up a direct debit every month and save the money for a rainy day they could go years until they get a problem

I do the same thing or if they are on a tight budget,tell them to get a family and friend club going put all funds in,amount builds up faster to cover any initial breakdown and they can have a big family party every few years:)
Do like a good party,well to be honest,like the drink at the party more :D:rolleyes:

yes well not this time ive being to kamco done flushing training and will ask for chemical proof that it needs to be done if it does will not start the scheme until i do it myself for NOTHING!!

tbh if all rads working and pump not struggling i would suggest a flush anyway as i had one the other day everying working fine but took 12pounds of rusty sludge out

BG are Centrica a private company. They are in the game for money not quality and fairness. Although quality and fairness count toward getting more customers and so making more money.

The thing is, people should complain and to their MP's as well, about the Office of Fair Trade not doing enough or not able to do enough.

It seems it was the same in the US until the consumer champion Frank Nadir got to work. He told people not to buy from those companies that never gave good service and played fair. The thing is the Yankee customers did what he said and so their consumer lobby is probably far stronger than any we have over here.

We Brits seem to put up with anything and buy anything as well.

It amazes me that the majority of these case involve the more vulnerable people in our society, as I have found through first hand experiance.

But there is no point going onto the forum bleating about, now is the time to take action, contact BG and ask them to explain themselves, contact watchdog or rougue traders, and get this bullying, dishonest, double glazing sales attitude from a huge corporation stamped out.

It is Nader, not Nadir, a bit remiss of me not to check the spelling.

Interesting guy!

But as far as I heard years ago they also tried to bump him off.

Well all I can say is i have changed many boilers over that are on systems that were installed 20 years ago and more and none had ever been flushed and when draining down water ran clear all rads hot hot and all I have ever done is mains flush, x400, hot flush, rinse out and inhibit. Both top manufacturers i install are happy to give 5 year warranties on their boilers without power flushing. I think the whole thing is a con. As for magnacleans etc the jury is still out on them.

the main point of this is not the fact about the powerflush but the attitude of BG towards its customers. so this is how its going to work out
When Bg turn up to fit rad they will be asked how long a powerflush should last then the proof of flushing will be shown to them and then they will be told to go whistle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Another bg complaint!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock