Search the forum,

Discuss Another email... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

CES

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Got this email today, Not sure if its for real or a scam, It seems a bit cheeky asking for £2200 + VAT
Is this another version of the Gas Safety Checks email going around?

Heres the transcript:

To Whom It May Concern:

I write to introduce the opportunity for your organisation to get involved in a new innovative government backed initiative.

The Student Road Safety Awards (SRSA) is a new initiative throughout England that is part funded by Government. These awards are supported by the Department for Transport and the Department for Education; endorsed by Mike Penning MP, the Under-Secretary of State with responsibility for road safety.

The aim of SRSA is to engage with young people from 11 - 18 years of age with the aim of decreasing the amount of deaths and injuries being caused due to road safety issues, raising road safety awareness and develop innovative road safety ideas.

From the launch of the campaign in October 2011 to the final awards ceremony in May 2012 we will be actively engaging with every secondary school and youth group in England and invited them to develop a road safety theme and then expand it into a campaign. This will capture more than 3 million students aged between 11 and 18 years age.

Regional presentations will be judged by a panel of representatives that will want to see how the campaign was thought through, how the students came to their decision to follow through on their idea and then see the final result. Successful entries will go through to a national ‘Final’ presentation.

We now seek five local sponsors for your region. This initiative provides a high profile for organisations and I outline below a list of some of the benefits that you will receive in return for your support:
· Inclusion in all marketing and media material in your area from the launch in October 2011 onwards. Meetings have been held with the BBC and we plan to work closely with them and other media agencies to ensure regular news coverage using all formats including newspapers, radio, online presence, photo opportunities and television coverage which have a combined average audience of hundreds of thousands of people in each region.
· The opportunity to organise your own email campaign monthly, via SRSA, which will go out to every participating student and their secondary school or youth group.
· Inclusion in all after-event coverage.
· Appoint a member from your organisation to the judging panel of your regional awards ceremony.
· Contribute to each monthly SRSA newsletter.
· Benefit from positioning as the only company in your industry sector to be recognised as a sponsor in your region.

The contribution required from each local sponsor is £2,200 plus VAT.

Paul Kerr, our Chief Executive, would be happy to discuss your involvement in greater depth and welcomes your input and any further contributions or ideas you can give to this initiative. Paul has been heavily involved in road safety for the last 18 years, has worked with various local authorities, and was a driving force behind the introduction of P-plates. Paul also benefits from an extensive media background with the BBC and other similar organisations.

Finally may I confirm the words of the minister Mike Penning MP where he said “I believe this is an exciting project, which I hope will make a significant contribution to improving road safety; I will be more than happy to provide support to make this project a success.”

I hope this helps to provide a comprehensive overview of this project. Please do not hesitate to email or telephone me if you require further clarification.

I do hope that we can count on your support.

Best regards,

Thomas Hyatt
Sales Manager

SRSA Ltd
11 Southbank Road
Kenilworth
clip_image002.jpg
Warwickshire, CV8 1LA
Tel: (01926) 854078
Fax: (01926) 856930
SRSA Ltd Registered in England 7702112

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Another email... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Some government guidance regarding going to work during the weird times we're in. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/full-guidance-on-staying-at-home-and-away-from-others/full-guidance-on-staying-at-home-and-away-from-others#going-to-work 4. Going to work As set out in the section on...
Replies
Views
I was on this forum a long time ago and I would like to explain my experience of plumbing. This may be a long post but I will be happy if it helps just one person. I came to plumbing late in life and went on a course that you qualify in 10 weeks. I was hit with all the negativity that no one...
Replies
Views
I have just completed my training with Scots Gas Training based in Stirling so I thought I would leave a review for anyone who may be considering a career change of direction. I visited a couple of training centres in Scotland before signing up to the Scots Gas Training course, one centre I...
Replies
Views
H
CALL FOR ENTRIES FOR THE HEATING INSTALLER OF THE YEAR AWARDS The search is on for the UK’s top heating installers as a new industry awards launches to recognise the efforts of leading tradespeople in the sector. The Heating Installer of the Year Awards, sponsored by Continental...
Replies
Views
Rickster123
R
K
Due to expansion and regular work demand a vacancy has arisen for a new Plumbing Engineer. We are a family run business based in Egglestone, Barnard Castle (North East England) We cover all domestic aspects of plumbing; ranging from Natural gas, LPG, Oil, Renewable Energy. We constantly have...
Replies
Views
Koogatubac
K
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock