Discuss Any experience with Glow-worm or and Alpha boilers? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

simbob

Just had some combi boiler quotes in, quoting for Glow-Worm and Alpha boilers. I've never heard of either and wondered if anyone had any experience good or bad.

Out of the 2 I would go for Glow-Worm part of the valiant group, Glow-Worm was a very well known UK boiler maker, Aplha is more budget range don't think they get a good write up, Look at hot water delivery rate, & length of warranty, if your running on LPG then intergas boiler is the one to go for, B4 you decide do some on line research ! Baxi, Ideal, Vaillant, Glow-Worm, Worcester all have very good web sites with easy to understand information

I wouldn't fit either personally. I'd shop around a bit more and get some more quotes in. Maybe put an ad here..[DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas Engineer[/DLMURL]

If it's a Glowworm energy they seem to be pretty good. New model utilises a lot of Vaillant design

Baxi Duotec HEA 7 years warranty more engineers out there in the event of a problem,,i install only baxi and aim never to let a customer down with a boiler i have fitted ,i also look after them out of warranty but i work on most other brands,Alpha are total junk,closely followed by glowworm,get more quotes

Intergas from me, but having said that it didnt take long to replace a gloworm pcb today, silly customer turned it off :):):)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Any experience with Glow-worm or and Alpha boilers? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Recently had a Viessmann Vitodens combi boiler installed, quite often when the adjacent cold mixer tap is opened the boiler starts for a few...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock