Search the forum,

Discuss Any HETAS guys here? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tweakyboy

I need a little bit of information on a log burner for my house. Can you fit 2 x 45 straight off the top of the log burner? I need to keep the burner back into the fireplace as much as possible and would really like to negate the option of using a tee with soot cap.

Thanks guys :bucktooth:

You cannot preach the use of a gar engineer and not give out advice in a forum about gas. And then ask for hetas advice

Get an engineer around

Or if you are hetas you could pm your details to gasman or croppie ( :p )

I have a engineer coming around tomorrow for some advise, I would like a heads up thats why I posted in the arms instead of the solid fuel forum!

Its not illegal to fit stoves yourself, you can have them signed off by your council after its done.

Something like this, to avoid the lintel basically.
1-darren.jpg

Yeah thats what I read in BR Part J, but as you know M.I's over rule them. I've just spoke to a installer via email and he said its ok to use 45's like that. I can see few installations online which have been done like that. I'll have to wait until I see the installer tomorrow. I will let you know what he says.

I think it can depend on the draw too

I'm sure you have to test solid fuel flues for a certain -mb flow

Same applies to solid fuel freestanding stoves as Gas. 600mm vertical flue off the top before introducing a bend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Any HETAS guys here? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi bit of a weird issue, I installed a grohe bathroom tap successfully 2 months ago bought from screwfix. Last week the right hand hot tap makes a squeak noise as I turn it on or off, left tap is 100% perfect and noiseless. This grohe tap is like one unit, so no screw notch or way I can remove...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock