Discuss Any other motorcyclists here in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
And Castrol R in the mopeds till it gummed up the rings and destroyed the crank bearings.......memories....

I used to have a FS1E in the 70's and it's still going now, although it's probably in somebody's collection. Bought it new from Mortorcycle City in Farnborough, just by the RAE. Brilliant piece of kit. Me and two other lads used to race up and down Deepcut high street and mine, a Garelli Tiger Cross, and a Suzuki AP 50.
This is my current machine, it's now 95", has a hydraulic clutch, internal wiring and aV&H fuelPack. All the work has been done by me since I bought it (New) in 2005 :)
I rode it to Brittany and back last summer - 785 miles. Didn’t get wet once.

Have two gs1000s , a gs1000e , rd250 ac , a gs1000g with sidecar , a harris cb900 and a rd750lc.
Most in bits just now...no time to sort :, (

Have two gs1000s , a gs1000e , rd250 ac , a gs1000g with sidecar , a harris cb900 and a rd750lc.
Most in bits just now...no time to sort :, (
A bit the same with me really, I also have a 1200 Sportster, and an ST250 in bits waiting for time and money. I'm hoping to get the 250 done this year so I can ride it to a rally in March but we'll have to see how it goes.

The Bandit is in bits and the yokes have been sent away as patterns for the tripple clamp billit jobies..... Marzocci's ready to go.

Reading this makes me want one again, started in 1979 with a fs1e and finished with a bandit 1200 7 years ago.:disappointed:

I did a DVLA search on the reg of my FS1E and found that it's still registered! That's amazing really after how I treated it. I used it most weekends to trials riding with my mates who had off roaders :), and I blew the engine once as well, trying to get it past 60 going downhill.

I'm a biker.

Raced schoolboy motocross - average at best :D

Had a moped, then a 125 at 17 then bit of a break (due to money lol) then 3 years ago passed my bike test and got myself a 600 enjoyed it for a year until the dozy mare across the road knocked it over and wrote it off (didnt even tell me, just drove off!!!). I search for a bike almost daily on ebay, I can afford one now but just don't see anything I want. Either that or it's too far away - all up north!.

I have narrowed it down to either a 929 fireblade, a 1200 bandit or a GSX 1400. Will also consider an R1, a GSXR.

I have a KX 125 in my garage that is in need of some TLC, needs bearings doing, needs brake pads, needs new tyres and a bit of a service. It's a 1992 and it is in really good condition. I have most of the parts sitting there waiting to be replaced but it's just time! Once spring arrives I might get a local mechanic to sort it for me, get plenty of use out of it over the summer then sell it on for someone else to have some fun as i'm just too busy.

Been riding since I was about 5 or 6.

Thanks for the reminder! I have also looked at the xjr 1300 but they seem to be quite a lot of money especially compared to the other big bikes. Lovely though.

I'm too fussy that I am only prepared to buy from a shop as then I have some sort of protection if the bike turns out to be pile of rubbish. haha not that i'm a mistrusting person but i would be devastated if i bought a bike privately and got ripped off.

Had a mate round last night, got talking bikes as you do, just realised that i have had more Kawasaki models than any other bikes i have had.

Started with a Gpz550 then a Gpz900, a Z1a and two Gpz750 Turbo's.:icon10:

Pity you didn't still have the turbo. Going up in value quite nicely now :thumbup:

Pity you didn't still have the turbo. Going up in value quite nicely now :thumbup:

Yes you are right there, even the gpz 900 still gets good money for a clean one.
For got to add a Z650 to my collection of previously owned Kawasaki's.

Blue & Silver GPZ900r in the garage (somewhere)
Selling this year.

I'm a biker.

Raced schoolboy motocross - average at best :D

Had a moped, then a 125 at 17 then bit of a break (due to money lol) then 3 years ago passed my bike test and got myself a 600 enjoyed it for a year until the dozy mare across the road knocked it over and wrote it off (didnt even tell me, just drove off!!!). I search for a bike almost daily on ebay, I can afford one now but just don't see anything I want. Either that or it's too far away - all up north!.

I have narrowed it down to either a 929 fireblade, a 1200 bandit or a GSX 1400. Will also consider an R1, a GSXR.

I have a KX 125 in my garage that is in need of some TLC, needs bearings doing, needs brake pads, needs new tyres and a bit of a service. It's a 1992 and it is in really good condition. I have most of the parts sitting there waiting to be replaced but it's just time! Once spring arrives I might get a local mechanic to sort it for me, get plenty of use out of it over the summer then sell it on for someone else to have some fun as i'm just too busy.

Been riding since I was about 5 or 6.

unless you are 2 up most of the time GSXR750,you will be no quicker on a litre and if you do trackdays you will feel a knob when a cb500 passes you with a budding racer on it.Saying that though I would like to have a go on the new R1 with the new TC on it

is this the gpz with the anti dive forks ? just been having a quick read through thread cracking stuff ( cr500 into 250 ) only went as big as 350 2 stroke , just missed out on a rg 500

I had a Suzuki AP50 in 1977, the a GT250 ( that's some jump on your 17th birthday, although the 250 isn't anything to shout about nowadays) then I got a virago 535 in 1994, then an SV650 in 2000, not had a bike since 2005, maybe one day I will get another

is this the gpz with the anti dive forks ? just been having a quick read through thread cracking stuff ( cr500 into 250 ) only went as big as 350 2 stroke , just missed out on a rg 500

yes it is, but easy to bypass when they stop working.

Had a CR500 supermoto on the road.........absolutely outrageous.

I thought they used the 750 coz of his short legs

So did i, but if you google what bike did they use in top gun there is a whole debate about it, seems it was a 900 with a u.s 750 paint job.

So did i, but if you google what bike did they use in top gun there is a whole debate about it, seems it was a 900 with a u.s 750 paint job.

just seen exactly the same answer the 900 is the same size of the 750

image.jpg

My gilera runner 180sp she was a rocket great for getting up town, unfortunately I sold he to get my self through das and put a deposit down on a gsxr600.

hi mate got a busa and a xt600e trial bike nearly back together roll on the summer might catch up on a sunny day lol

just got my 1098s 07 back to road trim ,revved up for the summer now after reading thread , normally a couple of mcn s do the job .

Attachments

• almeria 2010 027 (2) - Copy.jpg
    almeria 2010 027 (2) - Copy.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 24
  • almeria 2010 036 (2) - Copy.jpg
    almeria 2010 036 (2) - Copy.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_2273.jpg
    IMG_2273.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 23
Really need some sunshine now.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1391749748017.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1391749748017.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 43
Another with the termi fitted !

I took it out yesterday and it was bitter

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1391932213127.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1391932213127.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 37
Another with the termi fitted !

I took it out yesterday and it was bitter

was tempted yesterday but me tyres are still mullered from cadwell,that Ducati looks mint,have you considered sliding it down the tarmac at cadwell LOL

Been to cadwell a few times but never on this.
As times gone on its become more tricked up and hence more of a Liability incase I drop it lol
Old gsxr yes.

It's got bsts on it

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1391960796573.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1391960796573.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 30
Been to cadwell a few times but never on this.
As times gone on its become more tricked up and hence more of a Liability incase I drop it lol
Old gsxr yes.

It's got bsts on it
ohh very nice,ive only got the one zx6r,nearly binned it at the bottom of the mountain,in fact to be truthfull I am surprised I rode it home.

[h=3]A little old lady wants to join a biker club[/h]She knocks on the door of a local biker club and a big, hairy, bearded biker with tattoos all over his arms answers the door. She proclaims, "I want to join your biker club".
The guy is amused and tells her that she needs to meet certain biker requirements before she is allowed to join. So the biker asks her, "You have a bike?"
The little old lady says, "Yeah, that's my Harley over there", and points to a Harley parked in the driveway.

The biker asks her, "Do you smoke?"
The little old lady says, "Yeah, I smoke. I smoke 4 packs of cigarettes a day and a couple of cigars while I'm shooting pool".

The biker is impressed and asks, "Well, have you ever been picked up by the Fuzz?"
The little old lady says, "No, I've never been picked up by the fuzz, but I've been swung around by my nipples a few times".

I got a Cagiva Mito and a couple RGV 250's. They are all just gathering dust in the garage and haven't seen any action in a couple of years, I intend on bringing them out to play again this summer. I love small capacity 2 strokes, you really have to work to ride them fast.

I got a Cagiva Mito and a couple RGV 250's. They are all just gathering dust in the garage and haven't seen any action in a couple of years, I intend on bringing them out to play again this summer. I love small capacity 2 strokes, you really have to work to ride them fast.

one of the lads in the intermediate group had a couple of 250's, the lads on 600/1000 weren't any quicker,in fact a lot were slower

Cadwell is a nice circuit for small capacity bikes. I like Brands indy, as its local to me and also doesn't really give the bigger capacity bikes any real place to make the extra power and top end count. I did a trackday there on my Mito a few years ago and gave a guy on a fireblade a torrid time, he kept passing me on the start/finish straight only to be overtaken by the end of the lap. this went on for a few laps until I done him on the brakes at druids and opened up enough of a lead so he couldn't catch me on the straight. He came and found me in the garages after to shake my hand haha.

Cool, What RGV models have you got?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Any other motorcyclists here in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hey folks, I'm in a bit of a pickle trying to set up my hot water and central heating systems. Got a gas boiler with a pressure tank and a motor...
Replies
Views
Forgive my ignorance, with this basic question, but I seem to be struggling to both understand, search for, and source, the appropriate washer...
Replies
Views
Hello guys, first post here. While I prefer copper-and-solder, I've used compression fittings successfully in the past, and I opted for...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm new here! I've bought my first house - needs a fair bit of work doing to it, including the plumbing. I'm keen to do stuff...
Replies
Views
J
I have an Arteform shower valve in my bathroom - top lever for the main shower head, middle for the handheld hose and bottom is the thermostatic...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock