Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Any reliable Stud Finder for home use? in the Plumbing Tools area at PlumbersForums.net

I'm thinking of getting a Stud Finder, so that when I drill or nail something into a wall at home, I don't puncture any pipes, wires etc.

I heard that cheap ones aren't good, not sure if this is true.
Any recommendations would be very welcome 😉

Hi Frank 👋

Did you manage to find a forensic plumber to show it wasn't you who caused the leak in the wall?
😉

I have the Bosch blue professional one, and as above it is completely useless! Well not completely but very difficult to use accurately and I still wouldn't trust it. Normally best to use a small sharp chisel and just check what's behind before drilling.

Of course everybody puts the metallic tape behind where they’ve neatly clipped the vertical/horizontal plastic pipes they used in the new build house - so any stud/pipe finder should be fine 😂

Reply to Any reliable Stud Finder for home use? in the Plumbing Tools area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, I'm installing a concrete patio out back. By the wall under the kitchen sink I have an existing P-Trap gully for the grey water from the...
Replies
Views
Can anyone recommend a decent multi meter, preferably under a 100 pounds. It's for checking boiler components so I don't need a top spec one...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock