Search the forum,

Discuss Any salamander gurus here? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

armyash

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hiya

had a job 2 days ago, straight swap salamander pump.

got sent back today, pump is very noisy and getting very hot. Works intermittently.

flushed the pipe work through on installation and done it another 2 times tonight.

when I disconnected the cold out the second time, hot water came out.

it can't be piped wrong because it was a straight swap. Anyone know a lot about these pumps? It's very noisy and there's a delay before it kicks in. Once it is running the water flow is fine but the pump is very noisy. Louder than it should be.

i reckon the pump is faulty. Any different opinions or suggestions?

thanks

Is it piped correctly or any chance it could be sucking in any air?

Which model Salamander pump is it?

What is it feeding? Just a shower? Whole bathroom?

Rhp 100 twin.

It's feeding a basin in one bathroom, in the other bathroom it's feeding a basin, a shower and a bath.

It was a straight swap like for like pump, I've had the pipes disconnected and run in to buckets to make sure I'm getting hot and cold as I should.

The hot comes off the side of the cylinder, x2 50 gal tanks in the loft.

Remainder of house works ok.

Isolation valve on outlet side closed?

All checked and run individually. Once the pump kicks in on one of the basins it's fine apart from the noise. Works intermittently fine on the bath too.

Could be debris in the pipes but nothing on inlet filter washers.

The aerator on the basins had some debris in so could be an issue. But the pump noise is really bad.

Knowing you to be thorough I`m tending to agree with a faulty pump mate.

You could I suppose have connected a length of plastic water pipe to each outlet hose to outside and see if pump then worked okay. If you could be bothered.

You could I suppose have connected a length of plastic water pipe to each outlet hose to outside and see if pump then worked okay. If you could be bothered.

Good idea. Wish I'd had time, only get paid until 6 was there until 7.45 trying to get things running.

Something to remember for next time, thanks.

Good idea. Wish I'd had time, only get paid until 6 was there until 7.45 trying to get things running.

Something to remember for next time, thanks.

Maybe time consuming, but I like to be certain so I can rule out installation or original plumbing issues. That way you can tell the merchant or the manufacturer the pump is definitely faulty

Wouldn't have taken me too long, could have stuck plastic pipe in the outlets and run straight to the bath. Wish I'd have done it now.

Customer was there with me, satisfied that I'd tried and have told him if manufacturer says not faulty I'll be back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Any salamander gurus here? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock