Search the forum,

Discuss Any suggestions to help out this blind lady? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
"I was wondering if you have any advice for a rather unusual problem. I work for East Sussex County Council working with people who have sight loss. One lady I am working with is accidentally knocking the dial when she is in the shower and it is hurting her fragile skin. Her husband sets the shower before she goes in, but she can not reset it once it has been knocked. I don’t want to have it fixed at one temperature as her husband uses the shower and prefers a higher temperature. Is there anything you can think of that would help?
A picture of the shower dial is below. "

image1.jpeg

I initially thought maybe you could stick one of these over the dial if it happened to be the right size

PlungerPlug Plunger Plug 82mm

I know Mira did a user preset model with buttons one to four

Press one for one person temp two another etc

And I think you couldn't adjust the temp via the dial then

What about two little 3M sticky pads one of dail and one on her temperature and she can feel them?

I know Mira did a user preset model with buttons one to four

Press one for one person temp two another etc

And I think you couldn't adjust the temp via the dial then

I use to have on. Is it the Advance?
Although maybe discontinued, it was years ago. Family of Four had their own number and presets

I use to have on. Is it the Advance?
Although maybe discontinued, it was years ago. Family of Four had their own number and presets

It might of been, seen too many to remember models, think there still out there as well

It might of been, seen too many to remember models, think there still out there as well
"I was wondering if you have any advice for a rather unusual problem. I work for East Sussex County Council working with people who have sight loss. One lady I am working with is accidentally knocking the dial when she is in the shower and it is hurting her fragile skin. Her husband sets the shower before she goes in, but she can not reset it once it has been knocked. I don’t want to have it fixed at one temperature as her husband uses the shower and prefers a higher temperature. Is there anything you can think of that would help?
A picture of the shower dial is below. "

View attachment 32366

I initially thought maybe you could stick one of these over the dial if it happened to be the right size

PlungerPlug Plunger Plug 82mm

The current Advance does not have buttons.
OP: Is the clients husband able to use an app on a smart phone? The Mira Mode has 10 presets accessed by a smart phone. I don't do plumbing these days but found it on the Net. You can download instructions to see if it is suitable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Any suggestions to help out this blind lady? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I need some advice as this has been ongoing since august and nobody can find a problem but meantime water is damaging my walls. The lady upstairs had a plumber in July who relocated her washbasin shower and fitted a new radiator.He caused a bad leak and came to fix it in august and I thought...
Replies
Views
About 10 months I started having issues with a gas like smell in my home and the gas board was unable to find any gas leak I've still got the issue. When I first made contacted enviromental health I was told the following Could be my drains and to have my drains checked. Could be the sewers...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I am trying to take care of my mum's house as she has gone into a care home, and I have to keep the heating going through the winter, her Central heating control is as old as the boiler, approx 30 years. And there is a dial on it 1 to 5, I have no idea what it does, any help would be...
Replies
Views
I removed a bath from my sister in law’s bathroom about eight years ago. I cut back the hot and cold to the bath and branched off these to a new shower bar mixer. It worked fine until about two years ago when I fitted a new valve which has been fine until about two weeks ago when she said it...
Replies
Views
So I bought my first flat recently (am in UK) and in a bit of a pickle as the bathroom has turned up lots of problems that weren't picked up by the survey. I have had loads of plumbers over, and have always carefully checked their reviews/tried to vet them as much as possible. However, I've had...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock