Discuss anyone fancy blowing up parliment? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

REDSAW

how about nov 5th?

just intercepted a letter to my lad from DWP as they stopped dissability payment 6 months ago so hes been without any income/assistance since then! its an assesment consultation interview to see if his mental disability on the autistic spectrum has got any better or hes puttting it on. FFS!!!!!!:angry_smile:

Too indiscriminate. There are a handful of nice sorts in there. Be better off waiting until the next Tory conference.

how about steeling the silver ? much better payout

I just don't know how to square the circle.

Its absolutely clear to me that some people abuse the system.

Some do it shamelessly, but I think some just drift into a life of abusing the benefit system because their friends and family do it, and it just becomes a way of life.

So there has to be some way of rooting these free-loaders out.

Unfortunately, no-one seems to be able to design a system that roots out the freeloaders, but treats those genuinely in need with humanity and respect.

Either its so toothless that the feckless easily slip through the net, or its so draconian that the innocent get swept up with the guilty.

I honestly don't know what the answer is, but I know that those who abuse the system are stitching up the taxpayer, but they are stitching up the genuine claimants even more.

Well then it comes down to on which side you err. I'd argue you protect the vulnerable at the risk of the system being abused until such time as you can devise a more exacting system. A Tory balances the books the other way. People like Redsaw's son are justifiable collateral damage, eggs that must be broken for the good of the greater omelette.

Last edited:
I just don't know how to square the circle.

Its absolutely clear to me that some people abuse the system.

Some do it shamelessly, but I think some just drift into a life of abusing the benefit system because their friends and family do it, and it just becomes a way of life.

So there has to be some way of rooting these free-loaders out.

Unfortunately, no-one seems to be able to design a system that roots out the freeloaders, but treats those genuinely in need with humanity and respect.

Either its so toothless that the feckless easily slip through the net, or its so draconian that the innocent get swept up with the guilty.

I honestly don't know what the answer is, but I know that those who abuse the system are stitching up the taxpayer, but they are stitching up the genuine claimants even more.

That's exactly what I was trying to say. But failed.

Well then it comes down to on which side you err. I'd argue you protect the vulnerable at the risk of the system being abused until such time as you can devise a more exacting system. A Tory balances the books the other way. People like Redsaw's son are justifiable collateral damage, eggs that must be broken for the good of the greater omelette.

Ray's theory of politics.

1) No-one who wants to be a politician should be allowed to be one.

2) 600 adults should be chosen at random - like jury service - to serve in parliament. There would be 100 drafted every 6 months so there would be a steady turnover, and no massive changes.

3) The 600 would have to choose ministers from amongst their number, but would be limited to choosing experts. In a sample of 600, there will be several doctors, nurses, ambulance drivers etc. The minister of health would be chosen from that number. Likewise the business secretary would be someone with business experience, the defence secretary would be a serving or ex-serviceman and so on.

4) During their time in office, they would be paid exactly twice what they earned in their normal job. Once their time was up, they could never hold another public office, but would be exempted from tax for life.

5) Accepting a bribe, or attempting to bribe one of them would result in life imprisonment.

6) No party politics would be allowed.

7) As the scheme designer, Ray is excluded for ever from the draft. :)

Sorted

The dole dossers & fake disability claimants ruin the system for the genuine thus the govt put everyone into the same pot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to anyone fancy blowing up parliment? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock