Discuss Anyone got a good technique for draining rad with frozen tails in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
And not getting water on freezing clamps/heads?

Sometimes if tails are short and/or tight against wall it's difficult to get a rag in between or tray under union.

Crack open nut joining valves to radiator tails. Switch on wetvac and suck up water as it comes out.

Obviously only works if you have a wetvac. Brill bits of kit.

if theres movement then crack off the rad nut on one side then quick fix on a hose set up that you have made up that will screw on to the rad nut then just open up the bleed key and let the air in sorted!!
what you tring to do remove the rad from the brackets?

I always shut off the valves first, drain the rad and then freeze. If one isn't closing just shut the other end and drain from that end.

I concur with the wet vac idea though.

Need me a wetvac!

Thanks chaps.

I always shut off the valves first, drain the rad and then freeze. If one isn't closing just shut the other end and drain from that end.

Then what do you do, whip the rad of and cap off the non-shutting valve before freezing?

What would you do if the rad valve leaks from the top and it isn't one with a gland that can be repacked? You then have movement of water and it may not freeze. I've had that once and a blob of LSX did the job and once where it didn't.

Also yet to find a blocked sink/shower/basin waste he can't unblock. Loves the jobs you hate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Anyone got a good technique for draining rad with frozen tails in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Can anyone recommend a decent multi meter, preferably under a 100 pounds. It's for checking boiler components so I don't need a top spec one...
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm installing a concrete patio out back. By the wall under the kitchen sink I have an existing P-Trap gully for the grey water from the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock