Discuss Anyone know what this is? Old well pump? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,
Just moved into a new place and we have what looks like an old manual pump from a well or something, can anyone tell me anything about it? The pipe disappears into the block paving.
I can’t get it to move or get it open at the moment, and before I get too brutal I thought it was worth asking. We live in Cornwall so the prospect of free water sounds really good!!

B6F0767C-B6F2-4D74-AD7B-D4B3A9F891F1.jpeg

prob doesnt work but worth a punt

open the tap and wind the spindle

Hi all,
Just moved into a new place and we have what looks like an old manual pump from a well or something, can anyone tell me anything about it? The pipe disappears into the block paving.
I can’t get it to move or get it open at the moment, and before I get too brutal I thought it was worth asking. We live in Cornwall so the prospect of free water sounds really good!!

View attachment 38905
Any body is allowed to abstract up 25m3 water for domestic or agricultural purposes without a licence per day. Free water say £200 + per year is worth a look in my book even if you dont drink it. centralheatking

Reply to Anyone know what this is? Old well pump? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock