Discuss Approx cost of replacement outside tap in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

I had to call out an emergency plumber last week. My outside tap was leaking through its check value. The leak, then became a fine spray. I turned off the water, then 'phoned the plumber. He visited within 30mins with a new tap and replaced the old one. What would be the approx cost of his call-out and cost of replacing the tap - parts and labour. Thanks.

The fact that it was an 'emergency' callout will put the price up. £70 is probably a non-London callout plus parts when the plumber was in normal working hours and just happened to be free and not having to drop another job to be there.

If you lived in London and called out a plumber at night, £200 is a good price.

If the plumber is VAT registered, you could easily add VAT to those prices.

What did he charge?
Where are you approximately?
If you want someone to drop what they're doing and turn up with all the bits within 30 mins and do a decent job then expect a significant premium wherever you are.

Reply to Approx cost of replacement outside tap in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have just moved in to a 1934 Semi- and I am getting round a few simple DIY tasks, including a couple of plumbing-part renewals such as modern...
Replies
Views
    • Winner
Hi all, I joined today and am a newbie at plumbing DIY. Thought I'd share my experience replacing the stopcock under my sink. The old one looked...
Replies
Views
Can an old mixer tap leak uncontrollably? The mixer tap in my kitchen is very old,maybe nearly 20 years. For the last year or so it has been...
Replies
Views
Hi all Got a very old looking outside tap at our house which is not in use. A plumber is visiting soon to do a bathroom refit, and whilst here...
Replies
Views
I have read a few threads including one by Debbie Stano that were similar to my issue but that thread stopped a while back without any resolution...
Replies
Views
Back