Discuss Are designer, column type radiators bi-directional? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Jock Spanners

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Evening all,
A customer has shown me some designer, flat column type radiators she wants me to fit. On the bottom they are marked 'in' and 'out' which I assume means flow and return. Does anyone know if it makes any difference which way the flow and return is connected? I don't imagine it does but can't understand why else they're labelled as they are.
Thanks,
Jock

Yes it does have to be as labelled as there’s baffles/ diverter

They can be a real pain, are you able to swap them over somewhere else, say floor above or near boiler? Obviously only an option if they're all wrong.

Reply to Are designer, column type radiators bi-directional? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I live in a flat that has communal heating through a single pipe system. I recently had replaced a deco flat panel (waffle) radiator...
Replies
Views
S
Morning all, I have a Worcester Bosch 8000 life 40kw boiler on system with 7 radiators and the boiler is located in the loft of a 1907 end of...
Replies
Views
Simon from Watford
S
I have recently had this radiator fitted and currently it gets very hot. I would like to turn the radiator temperature down however I'm unsure...
Replies
Views
Do people with this type of mixed flow temperature control have any problems with achieving the required manifold flow temperature? The one below...
Replies
Views
Hi - we have had new radiators fitted about 6 months ago ("DuraTherm Horizontal Double Flat Panel Designer Radiator" from plumbworld - sorry, this...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock