Search the forum,

Discuss Are shower doors less than size stated? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,
I'm not a plumber but just need some advice. I've installed a square shower tray in a recess. Walls on both sides. The tray is 900mm wide. I have tiled the area and now the width between the two walls is around 870mm.
Obviously there are no shower doors this size. On Victoria Plumbing it states on the descriptions on the shower doors...

'Please take note of the doors measurements - All the shower doors listed above will not fit flush to the side of the shower tray, this is to allow room for tiling or for when used with a side panel.'

Does this mean the shower door is less than 900mm and if so, what would it be as there's no info on the website and the customer service agents don't know either.

Many thanks.

Depending on style of the frame, there is usually a channel each side that has some allowance for adjusting the width.

If you look at the dimensions it should give a max and minimum width like below,

Door.PNG
********************************************************************************************

Different door below,,

door 1_LI.jpg

Depending on style of the frame, there is usually a channel each side that has some allowance for adjusting the width.

If you look at the dimensions it should give a max and minimum width like below,

View attachment 74150
********************************************************************************************

Different door below,,

View attachment 74152
Many thanks for getting back to me. That's great info.
Thanks

As snowhead has stated look at the manufacturers dimension details it will tell you what recess it will fit in this one is adjustable between 860mm - 880mm they are all different so you need to know . Kop

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220301-200000.png
    Screenshot_20220301-200000.png
    152.7 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

Reply to Are shower doors less than size stated? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock