Discuss Ariston Boiler Help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Hardy1993

Hi guys i was just wondering if you could help me.
If im posting in the wrong section you are welcome to point me in the right direction and if you require my gas safe number just ask and i will send you it, i did give it to an admin but i dont think it says on my profile.

Anyway ive been looking at an Ariston E Combi 30 and the customer has had an issue with there central heating, only a certain number of radiators are getting hot. There are about 11 in total and only 5 seem to get hot and even then they arent the temperatures they should be. The customer said it hasnt always been like that.

I noticed the temp in the boiler climbed very quickly and the return pipe to the boiler was getting luke warm. Would it be safe to assume that the pump is on it last legs and wasnt pumping the heat away from the boiler and around the system like it should be?

The customer wanted me to try other options before changing the pump as they said that apparently hasnt long been changed.

I tried balancing.
Using a cleanser as the water was quite black and the rads are fed off microbore.

Neither of these options worked, and Ariston themselves havent been very useful. Anyone come across a simple issue with a short life span on the Wilo pumps they use in there boilers?

Wilo pumps usually last years longer than ariston. Flow valve isn't half shut?

Could be a partially blocked heat exchanger or bits of the manifold. Has it got a magnetic filter fitted.

Hardy, please pm gas man or REDSAW with your gsr details. When you have your yellow badge up I will reopen this thread and move it to the correct forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ariston Boiler Help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I am currently having issues with an Ariston Combi A series boiler giving an E08 - "No water in primary circuit" error code, the circuit is...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a Glow-worm back boiler which is giving me grief (I would have upgraded it by now but its a listed building and there's issues with...
Replies
Views
I have a "Firebird Envirogreen Condensing Combi Oil Boiler 26kW" a part has went and I can't find it anywhere, I was at every plumbers merchant...
Replies
Views
Hi, i've got a job with a Vaillant Ecotec 630 system boiler, and i don't know the full history but the house has definitely been extended...
Replies
Views
asked to specify for very small studio flat, architect has drawn a combi boiler, 2 radiators, heated towel rail and shower, basin, kitchen sink...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock