Discuss Ariston boiler problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Q

Quidam

Hi!

I had a full new system installed in 2004, complete with an Ariston Micro Genus 23 MFFI boiler (due to space considerations - of those available from the supplier at the time, it was shallow enough to be fitted inside a cupboard).

Aside from the annual BG safety check and a replacement sensor it's been pretty trouble free, until today. The boiler fires up for only 5 - 10 seconds before cutting out for 5 - 10 seconds and then firing up again. This repeats until hot tap or heating timer turned off.

I'm just glad I still have an electric shower!!!

Any ideas what the problem may be?

Thanks

Hi!

I had a full new system installed in 2004, complete with an Ariston Micro Genus 23 MFFI boiler (due to space considerations - of those available from the supplier at the time, it was shallow enough to be fitted inside a cupboard).

Aside from the annual BG safety check and a replacement sensor it's been pretty trouble free, until today. The boiler fires up for only 5 - 10 seconds before cutting out for 5 - 10 seconds and then firing up again. This repeats until hot tap or heating timer turned off.

I'm just glad I still have an electric shower!!!

Any ideas what the problem may be?

Thanks
lack of circulation could be pump

pump, thermisters or air switch or pump presure switch/flowswitch most aristons pick there live up for the fan of this if the diaprahms dirty or split it will cause it and the mini pcb in the switch goes as well but al that comes in a kit call a gas safe engineer who knows aristons dont call me though as i hate aristons,and ferrolis and ideals and glowsheds and french things i think i am getting jaded:)

Guys, thanks for your replies. Well, seeing as I pay BG a few quid for cover I had one of their engineers in to have a look yesterday and it turn out its a thermistor, and will be duly replced this week.

However, he went on to explain that metallic sludge in the system could have caused the thing to go in the first place and the only way to stop it happening is to have some magnetic filter thing fitted, at a cost of ÂŁ250. Is this true, or is it just a selling tactic? I've never heard of this requirement before...

thermisters or ntc s as they are called do indeed fail trough corrosion,but they can also fail trough there own means,ÂŁ250 is expensive for a filter thet them fix the boiler and get a good local plumber to fit a magnaclean or see if the system needs a de-scale and the filter wont do sqat if the systems dirty

Last edited by a moderator:
Reading other posts sound like bg have bought shares in magnaclean not bad at 250 a go:rolleyes:

Glad they are not looking after my world!!!!!!:)

Last edited by a moderator:
magna clean could be fitted for 150 by local lad.

the bg engineer is also a salesman its part of there job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ariston boiler problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Good morning, I recently had an extension, new bathroom and new en-suite fitted. Prior to the works the hot water worked. Now we have moved...
Replies
Views
D
First time posting on here and I am after some help and advice on a project I have ongoing at home - a bit cheeky I know but as they say around...
Replies
Views
D
hi everybody, ive joined this forum hoping to get some sound advice from you guys. i think i may have a heating problem or i might just be...
Replies
Views
deniance
D
N
Hello, Ive recently started having problems with my Ariston Genus 27 Bffi 'storage' combi. when the central heating timer tells it to come on, it...
Replies
Views
n-i-b12345
N
S
hi all looking for a D.h.W HEAT EXCHANGER for the above boiler (dam aristons hate them :mad:) part num in the book is: 571785 i cant find one...
Replies
Views
cormac
C

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock