Discuss Ariston boiler seals in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Holly

Hi

I have a 2007 ariston combi boiler that was serviced by a plumber the other day. He rang me to say the seals are starting to go in the boiler and will eventually write the boiler off if not sorted. He said it 'melts from the inside out'.

Is this absolute ballcocks or a genuine problem? Sounds a bit dodgy to me. The seals are only a few quid so if they did need replacing how much is a reasonable quote do you think?

thanks for your help :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi

I have a 2007 ariston boiler that was serviced by a plumber the other day. He rang me to say the seals are starting to go in the boiler and will eventually write the boiler off if not sorted. He said it 'melts from the inside out'.

Is this absolute bo**ocks or a genuine problem? Sounds a bit dodgy to me. The seals are only a few quid so if they did need replacing how much is a reasonable quote do you think?

thanks for your help :)

5 years old, should have had some new burner seals etc by now. Sounds genuine

Thanks for your reply. Could having a prob with seals cause it to be written off?

I don't know, not in ukand renting house out. He didn't say, can find out.

if you could that would greatly help us to help you,find out the exact model and what seals have failed

Sound a legit problem. If your not in the uk I'd just pay an have it done. For peace of mind if anyhing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ariston boiler seals in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock