Discuss Atag IS40 System Boiler Questions in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

B

BadgerSky

Hello,

Recently moved into a property which has an Atag IS40 System Boiler (2018) with hot water tank.

We've noticed that something is continuously running. The flame symbol isn't present on the display, but the boiler is warm to touch and is making a noise.

The CH Demand icon (radiator) is continually flashing, even with all radiators turned off, zones off etc.
The system starts up every ~10 mins for a few seconds and then goes back to it's continual running sound.

• Should it have something continuously running? Assuming this is a pump or something?
  • Should the CH demand icon be flashing even when zones are off etc? Looking at the manual - flashing indicates something is demanding heat.
  • Noticing that one of the "Down heat" pipes is usually warm.

Any ideas? Normal? I'm used to Oil - never had a Gas system boiler until now.

Reply to Atag IS40 System Boiler Questions in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, whenever my Gloworm 18r is on even if I leave it on non-stop for 6 hours the flame symbol for the burner never switches off and the radiator...
Replies
Views
I recently had a new 2023 Vaillant ecoTec plus 630 (30kW) system boiler installed along with a Low Loss Header (LLH) in my house. I have 21 rads...
Replies
Views
W
  • Question
My Worcester Combi Boiler is not working, instead the display flashes on and off repeatedly, as shown in <a href=" View...
Replies
Views
I am looking to replace my existing Vaillant heat-only boiler with a new Vaillant ecotec plus 630 system boiler (30kW). I have a megaflo hot-water...
Replies
Views
D
Hi, This is the first flat I have lived in so please forgive any stupidity. I am currently renting a flat with a Glow-worm compact combi boiler...
Replies
Views
Back