Discuss Attic bathroom pump placement in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Looking for some input here from the experts.

I’m having an issue with my pump. I thought I’d get away with a positive pump as I put it beside the cylinder. I’ve run all the bathrooms off it but the attic bathroom won’t work as the faucets are above the tank head. I wonder if I change the pump to a positive will it run both the main bathroom as well as the attic even if it’s beside the cylinder? Will a negative pump work with both positive and negative pressure?

Yes a negative head pump will work with both situations- in fact some manufacturers now refer to this as a universal pump to emphasise this fact.

Reply to Attic bathroom pump placement in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I'm in my new build 2 years and the shower pump has died. I have an air to water unit downstairs is in the utility which I've been told is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
A
Hey, here goes and I hope it works.. never used one of these before! I have a Sagittarius Ergo mixer shower min bar of pressure required 1 bar...
Replies
Views
Where and how does the water supply work and is there only one rising main pipe and where is it usually located? I am top floor flat, mains fed...
Replies
Views
My central heating is run off a heat pump ( air to water ) quite expensive to run , So I’m plainning to fit a wood burning with a back boiler to...
Replies
Views
Back