Discuss Attic cistern losing water? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sparkyboy2406

Hi,

I hope someone can help! I am based in Derry in N.Ireland and currently just coming out of really bad weather! Our cistern in the attic seems to he constantly filling up even though no taps are on and no one is in shower or using the toilet. If I put my hand to the bottom of the tank I can feel water leaving the cistern at a fast rate! When we turn the water off from the stopcock the water stops flowing out. There has been a warning raised for N.Ireland regarding water as there have been alot of homes with burst pipes and resivoirs have emptied by I am
Not sure what is going on.

If anyone has any ideas inwould appreciate a reply.

Thanks in advance

Mark

Most likely a burst pipe somewhere. If it's a hot water header tank, you must be losing water from the hot side somewhere. Is it possible to isolate different parts of it to narrow it down and locate the leak?

Thanks for the reply!

If it was a burst pipe would this not cause a drop in pressure?

All hot water tops are running fine and with normal pressure. The stopcock we have stopped is for the cOld water which is no longer running.

Te hot water tank is also full with water.

If it is a burst pipe I'm not too sure how I could isolate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Attic cistern losing water? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking for a water pump to pump water from a storage tank at a constant 3 bar pressure. It's at a campsite I run that's at the bottom of...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock