Search the forum,

Discuss Auto bypass required ? in the The Welcome Wagon :) area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi Guys

I had UFH added to my extension, my system was a Baxi 30he with CH and unvented cylinder.

The UFH has never really worked correctly first of all I noticed they had install the flow and return the wrong side of the circulation pump which I rectified myself as they have disappeared on me. The UFH now works but I have noticed an issue that if the CH is not running the boiler cuts out if the UFH is calling for heat. If the CH is running then the UFH runs fine, I’ve been searching online for diagrams

Do I need an auto bypass valve on the flow and return after the circulation pump ? At the moment the circulation pump is in the loft and the boiler on the ground floor about 8m away and all my rads have TRV fitted?

What temperature is the boiler set to, the UFH manifold (flow) temp and what is the UFH return temperature, if known?.
Also boiler make/model.
Edit: See its a Baxi 30he

Last edited:
You will find the ufh heat load is less than the boiler min load so it will cycle two options use a buffer or llh/ccts

That boiler has a minimum output of 11.9kw so will definitely spend a lot of time cycling with the UFH only on.
A LLH or some form of bypass won't prevent this but will reduce the dT across the boiler, with no by pass and assuming boiler flow temp of 70c with UFH manifold of 45C/35C then the boiler dT is 35C, a boiler flow temp of 65C will give a dT of 30C and 60 will give a dT of 25C, the boiler may not have a dT trip.

Reply to Auto bypass required ? in the The Welcome Wagon :) area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper...
Replies
Views
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock