Search the forum,

Discuss Average time to change parts in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeebeedee

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
How quick are you guys at changing parts? My boss always says I'm a little slow but I'm not sure if its partly mind games to get more out of me.

For instance today I changed a primary heat exchanger in a Worcester r28 he combi. The rectangle heat exchangers.

No drain off valves on radiators, boiler downstairs flow and return straight up into the ceiling, drained, fan out flue turret out, old heat ex out, new one dressed, new seals fitted, refilled and tested. 1 hr 40 mins.

Told me he could do it in 45 start to finish.

Have done that once think it took me longer than that by the time i had ran and tested it. Is that the cast hex with the stainless plates on the end which leak all over the burner? Think your slow you should see me it would have taken me that long to get my tools out!

Your boss is talking testicles. Maybe on a Baxi Duo Tec or a Vaillant Eco Tec, but not a Worcester. I think I've done those in 45 mins, but they are easy to do.

Sounds like a good time to me.
BG engineers get 3hrs time for a main heat exchanger even though you can change a standard vokera compact/linea in 30 mins if you have an outside drain.
1hr 40 mins for your worcester without a drain off is a good time in my opinion.

i dont care how long it takes no time limit or pressure should be put on you when working with gas imho.

Yeah 1hr40 sounds ok to me ,don't listen too much to your boss ,some find it hard to give credit where due

No way would he have changed one of those and tested it all within 45 minutes!

Bet he can't do a Worcster i rsf range heat exchanger in 45 mins it takes that to get the old one off the 4 orings! Nitemare of a job!

Anyone change the plate to plate on the green stars where you have to replace all kinds of o rings ?

if you cut either the gas or the cold you can drop the plate without all the messing about

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Average time to change parts in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I currently have a Vaillant ecoTEC Plus 438 system boiler which is 13 years old. I have been having problems with the boiler which potentially boils down to the heat exchanger so I am now looking to bite the bullet and have a new boiler installed. My set up at home is that I have a 4-bed...
Replies
Views
Some advice please about a really worrying problem. I live in a terraced 2 bed room house. 10 days ago the gas combi boiler stopped heating the radiators but still gave hot water to the shower and taps. Naturally we thought there was a fault with the boiler. We had already arranged a yearly...
Replies
Views
My 3 way actuator valve has gone on my central heating. I think it's a combination of the valve motor burning out due to a stiff valve on the pipework. I'm considering doing the fix myself but wanted to check I know what I'm doing beforehand or whether I should get a plumber in, have I missed...
Replies
Views
Dear All New member here, coming looking for help. A few weeks ago I had work carried out by a British Gas Homecare service technician. It required a drain and refill of the system, and as he left, he advised my I would need to bleed all the radiators, at some point, given a few days, when...
Replies
Views
Hey all Looking for a consensus on an issue that has arisen. Disclaimer is that my ideal icos 12 boiler Is over 10 years old but has been serviced. It has been presenting intermittent flame issues in sub zero temperatures however I found that insulating the pipe work around the gas regulator...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock