Discuss Back on site in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JCSPLUMBING

I'm thinking about getting back onto site work, new builds mainly. Sub contracting for a friends firm on price work. I'm sick of the stress of running around and chasing work and money to be honest and to see my kids a bit more. Even the simple things like eating at mealtimes etc. Any opinions welcome

I'm thinking about getting back onto site work, new builds mainly. Sub contracting for a friends firm on price work. I'm sick of the stress of running around and chasing work and money to be honest and to see my kids a bit more. Even the simple things like eating at mealtimes etc. Any opinions welcome

its good but only if you have a good contact and you get a far rate of pay non of this £10 p/h for domestic stuff and paid on time

It's not on an hour bases mate. It's purely price work so you get so much for first fix, so much for a bathroom etc etc

It's not on an hour bases mate. It's purely price work so you get so much for first fix, so much for a bathroom etc etc

i know what you mean mate but who decides the price and what happens if he can get it cheaper, who has he been using upto now :)

They have about 30 blokes on. Doing huge amounts of work on new developments. The boss decides the rates etc. I done my apprenticeship with them 14 years ago doing the same stuff. They are pretty decent and it's looking like there going to sort out my gas quals also.

Give it a go then mate, if you know them and the rates are good then brilliant win win!

Probably a good idea to try and keep your own private work going to boost your income and give you an escape if needed - better not to burn any bridges.

Give it a go then mate, if you know them and the rates are good then brilliant win win!

Probably a good idea to try and keep your own private work going to boost your income and give you an escape if needed - better not to burn any bridges.

+1 esp if you know the rates and there not like £300 to first fit

I will keep my own work on to supplement but will just be a bit more picky on work I do.

I will keep my own work on to supplement but will just be a bit more picky on work I do.

you cant be picky at these times else you might make a name for your self and shoot your self in the foot in doing so

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Back on site in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock