Discuss Ball valve passing? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

macka09

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi all. I fitted a new bottoms entry ball valve the other day cos the old one was passing water. This is still happening with the new one. Any ideas? Flow to high maybe? Or pressure?

Did you flush the pipework through? Sure it's the ball-valve and not the flush valve letting by if you have this type of flushing mechanism in your cistern? Set up the ball valve to shut off at correct height?

w/c or header tank?

if its w/c and its trickling into the pan its not necessarily the float valve passing. if you can actually see that the floatvalve isnt completely shutting off then you have most likely bought tat from b and q

No it's a fluid master from the merchants. When I left it was fine and flushed it about 6 times. Originally the old fill valve wouldn't shut down so it was overflowing into the pan. It's a close coupled. I changed the ball valve and it was fine. Maybe it's the flush valve

Sounds like a water pressure problem, do you have high pressure ? may be a good idea to fit a pressure reduceing valve on incomeing main, could save you other faults showing up, dripping taps, electric shower

I think it's the siphon as well. I fitted the flow restrictor anyway.

If it's a push button cistern manually pull the symphony up yourself and it's should sit down fully

When I take out the whole mechanism and refit and then fill the cistern, no water passes. As soon as I flush and the cistern is full again you can see the water trickling into the pan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ball valve passing? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I'm looking for a water pump to pump water from a storage tank at a constant 3 bar pressure. It's at a campsite I run that's at the bottom of...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but don’t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back