Discuss Barbers with 4 basins in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Piperdave22

Gas Engineer
Hi , I’ve been asked to give a price for putting 4 hairwashing basins in a barbers .
There is only a cold mains supply in the property and only electric aswell no gas .

What would everybody suggest for feeding this bearing in mind the basins could all be used at the same time ?

We did hair dressers etc years ago and unless you are in a hard water area...wack in 4 lecky shower heaters cheapest
like triton..riva so you dont need a hot and cold supply ok then .watch out tho get the barber to get the basins up front. as they are expensive and weird..and need fitting over the worktop and right up to the counter frontthen fit at least 1 1/2 inch waste and then join to 2 inch as hair and Rubbish goes down big time....with plenty access points to rod out and if its a succesfull business the shower units will be stuffed after a year...but at £50 straight swop who cares
they will not care cause they are creaming it in
Rob Foster aka centralheatking

Last edited:
We did hair dressers etc years ago and unless you are in a hard water area...wack in 4 lecky shower heaters cheapest
like triton..riva so you dont need a hot and cold supply ok then .watch out tho get the barber to get the basins up front. as they are expensive and weird..and need fitting over the worktop and right up to the counter frontthen fit at least 1 1/2 inch waste and then join to 2 inch as hair and **** goes down big time....with plenty access points to rod out and if its a succesfull business the shower units will be stuffed after a year...but at £50 straight swop who cares
they will not care cause they are creaming it in
Rob Foster aka centralheatking
I think you might need some electrical upgrades to run 4 electrical showers together

Hi , I’ve been asked to give a price for putting 4 hairwashing basins in a barbers .
There is only a cold mains supply in the property and only electric aswell no gas .

What would everybody suggest for feeding this bearing in mind the basins could all be used at the same time ?

I've done 4 hairdressers. In three I've ended up going back to fit an additional cylinder because as the business grows one cannot keep up. All have been direct, super insulated, and had regular element changes.

Barbers , how many of you guys with hair actually have your hair washed , guess , not many , I would go small unvented all day long .
Hairdressers totally different .

What’s the supply spec ?

I know that but it will work
4 x 8kw is easy for a decent sparky boy. then the rest is simple plumbing and mitigates any risk

which is 140 amps just on its own

most small places have a 80-100 amp supply

so thats a no go unless they have 3 phase

Reply to Barbers with 4 basins in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock