Discuss Basic megaflo compact. Strange issues, no hw. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
the stat is next to immersion under the grey cover

Sounds like thermostat , there should be cable with a pair of wires , one of the wires comes from timeclock when hw is switched on travels through the stat then the other comes out of stat down onto the brown wire of your zone valve, so check theres power coming back from stat through the brown wire, if there is then the stats fine, if not then its either up to temp or stat is gone . good luck

Thanks, sounds more likely than what tech were saying.

I had my doubts but not familiar with these cylinders so wasn't in a position to doubt him.

Just noticed thread title says basic megaflo - should say baxi, using the girlfriends iPad and it's got terrible predictive text.

here you go

S-Plan-Wiring.gif

but still if the 2 port (cylinder) has got power then that means the boiler should fire(cylinder calling for heat)

Last edited:
actually there two stats under the grey cover one is a resetable overheat usually a push button

actually theres three stats as the immersion probably has one as well but not relevant to boiler firing i would bet on it being the overheat stat as its probably wired as a break in the orange wire hence your getting live in the junction box on orange

Thanks for all the replies will update when I have been back.

Going back last job tomorrow. Great, need to be in and diagnose ASAP. Will head to the cylinder and check out the stat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Basic megaflo compact. Strange issues, no hw. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, my HW is taking longer than expected to heat up and it's getting worse. I can go 10-40 degs after 1.5 hours of only heating HW, whereas I...
Replies
Views
Good Afternoon all, I am hopeful someone may be able to offer some guidance on the following. In the home we have a gas boiler (serviced...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I have an issue with my potterton prima boiler and would love some help. It works fine when either CH or HW are on but when they are...
Replies
Views
Hi, Over the past few months, my wife and I have noticed a constant pulsing sound throughout the house which is particularly noisy at night (this...
Replies
Views
Good morning, wondered if anyone can advise please on a resolution? My set up at home is that I have a 4-bed detached with 21 radiators...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock