Discuss Basic megaflo compact. Strange issues, no hw. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
i always wire the overheat stat to break the orange wire from the hot water valve ive seen them wired to break the brown to the valve but ive seen to many valves with the contacts stuck to on even when the valve is closed
if its wired the way i do it that would explain the valve working and boiler not firing

Last edited:
Very strange, got there last night and still the same as before.

Ch will come on selected at programmer. Hw nothing.

Can only get hw with ch with valve held open.

So went through it all again, with programmer valve does not move over on hw, so like last time put the new programmer on and turned hw on. Valve now moves over but boiler still won't fire.

Took cover off cyl stat/immersion turned cyl stat up and down. Boiler fired.
Went downstairs made sure ch off at stat and programmer.

Turned hw on and off a few times to make sure it was working all good.

Assume the cylinder stat was playing up and now ok. Not sure why.

Customer didn't want to pay our prices for new programmer so put old one back on and left.

Very strange, got there last night and still the same as before.

Ch will come on selected at programmer. Hw nothing.

Can only get hw with ch with valve held open.

So went through it all again, with programmer valve does not move over on hw, so like last time put the new programmer on and turned hw on. Valve now moves over but boiler still won't fire.

Took cover off cyl stat/immersion turned cyl stat up and down. Boiler fired.
Went downstairs made sure ch off at stat and programmer.

Turned hw on and off a few times to make sure it was working all good.

Assume the cylinder stat was playing up and now ok. Not sure why.

Customer didn't want to pay our prices for new programmer so put old one back on and left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Basic megaflo compact. Strange issues, no hw. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, my HW is taking longer than expected to heat up and it's getting worse. I can go 10-40 degs after 1.5 hours of only heating HW, whereas I...
Replies
Views
Good Afternoon all, I am hopeful someone may be able to offer some guidance on the following. In the home we have a gas boiler (serviced...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I have an issue with my potterton prima boiler and would love some help. It works fine when either CH or HW are on but when they are...
Replies
Views
Hi, Over the past few months, my wife and I have noticed a constant pulsing sound throughout the house which is particularly noisy at night (this...
Replies
Views
Good morning, wondered if anyone can advise please on a resolution? My set up at home is that I have a 4-bed detached with 21 radiators...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock