Discuss Basic tools and which are best in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gary Lee

Hi,

Ive just started my level 2 Guilds, already signed up for level 3 and then I'm hoping to do the gas. I want to build my basic tools up over this period. Can you recommend what tools i should get as a basic kit, which ill use at college instead of their rusty old rubbish. And which make/brand do you guys recommend

Many thanks in advance

gaz

just buy the best you can afford for now, try avoiding the really cheap stuff or you'll just be replacing it shortly there after. so if ou can afford draper kit fine for now, avoid britool or snapon its only an expensive name. siverline will do, but yoll be asking for replacements if your kack handed.

Last edited by a moderator:
The following are ones I find handy:

Bahco 4"
Bahco 6" Wide Jaw
Bahco 8" Wide Jaw
Bahco Micro Socket Set
Elecky Screwdriver
Set of Allen Keys
PH1 and PH2 Screwdrivers
PZ1 and PZ2 Screwdrivers
T15 Torx for Glowworms
T30 Torx for Viessmanns
A couple of sizes of flat Screwdrivers
Pump Allen Keys Long Reach x 2
Large Pump Screwdriver
Head Torch
A digital pressure gauge
Expansion Vessel Pump
Multimeter
A selection of hoses

Those I use on a daily basis, I have lots more stuff but that's the most used.

I do servicing, gas safety certificates and breakdowns, depending on the work you do the tools might vary.

Bahco adjustable spanners (small, medium, large)
Knipex pump pliers (small, medium)
Wera Kraftform screwdrivers (full electrical set)
Britool medium socket set & Teng mini socket set.

Other various bits/pieces ie. allen keys, stanley knife etc etc.

If you buy decent quality from the start you may never need buy again. (unless lost/stolen)
My large bacho is 40 years old and was parts of my fathers first tool kit as a new apprentice. Still very little play in jaws.

Not forgetting 3 sets of pump pliers small, medium and large.

You forgot the hammer, fixes a lot of things.

Oh yes and a very large and heavy hammer preferably a sledge hammer when it's still not playing ball after a pcb, gas valve, fan and pump to mention a few lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Basic tools and which are best in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock