Discuss Basin wrench advise in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DaveyL88

Looking to buy a basin wrench obviously want a one that's gunna last a lifetime, been looking at Rothenberger Telescopic Spring Loaded Basin Wrench, wondered if it was any good much appreciated No.7.0225

Toolstation sell a kit (43610 and its £29.80inc vat)

I bought one and it's ok-ish. It's excellent when it fits the nuts, but it always seems to be just slightly the wrong size. Still, it's worth 30 quid all day long though.

I hate those spring loaded tap spanners, get an Armeg Jaw dropper...much better.

[DLMURL="http://www.tradeonlyplumbing.co.uk/tools-consumables/tools/tap-fitting-tools/professional-tap-spanner-set.html"]Professional Tap Spanner Set - Tap Fitting Tools - Tools - Tools & Consumables | Trade Only Plumbing & Heating Supplies[/DLMURL]

got this from Ray couple of weeks ago, it works.

Last edited by a moderator:
[DLMURL="http://www.tradeonlyplumbing.co.uk/tools-consumables/tools/tap-fitting-tools/professional-tap-spanner-set.html"]Professional Tap Spanner Set - Tap Fitting Tools - Tools - Tools & Consumables | Trade Only Plumbing & Heating Supplies[/DLMURL]

got this from Ray couple of weeks ago, it works.

Thats the set I was talking about. It's not bad, but never quite fits. still worth the £30!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Basin wrench advise in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi folks I’ve been asked to first fix a basin that has the chrome waste exposed. My problem is that the basin isn’t on site to allow me to get an...
Replies
Views
    • Winner
Hi all, I joined today and am a newbie at plumbing DIY. Thought I'd share my experience replacing the stopcock under my sink. The old one looked...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new here. I have a basin with two individual taps, I want to change it to a mixer - the taps measure (centre to centre) 200mm. I have...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have an OSO Direct 210 hit water cylinder installed in my home, with 2 switches (on/off; and boost). The boiler is for hot water only...
Replies
Views
In my last posting, I requested assistance in exchanging a waste that had been fitted using silicone, without actually removing the basin. Mission...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock