Discuss Basin wrenches in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PlumbingBud

Ok, so I have used a standard basin wrench on tap connectors, but I find them to be awkward and sometimes dont even fit the nuts.

I have heard someone talking about the 'King D1ck' spanner for this sort of thing, but have never seen one.

Anyone got experience of these?

Thanks.

I like the jaw dropper wrenches. Expensive but never let me down yet and have fitted on ancient tap nuts and tap adaptors in Victorian houses to modern builds. Come as a set, one for basins, one for baths but both fit lots of other things.

I two have the jaw droppers and they are very good although I find the sliding handles a bit awkward, almost like they should be coming off the back of the wrench and not the side.

Might just be me though?

I use the bearhug , fits onto standard 3/8 rachet with extension bars. Comes in 1/2 & 3/4 inch sizes. Works a treat.

monument basin wrench has never let me down, also use it on FI adaptors on cylinder coils

Had to chisel backnuts off today!

Tiny basin too small for all my wrenches and whoever fitted it used plaster!!!

Idiot! :33:

I also use the jaw dropper had no problems with using this bit pricey but does the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Basin wrenches in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi guys....we have an old Astracast sink top....I think its a composite sink....has a big single bowl. My wife thinks it looks scruffy....looks...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock