Discuss bath and sink waste with toilet waste in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cardigan

Hi Group,

Would it be OK to have the waste water from the bath and the sink tapped into the side of the toilet waste pipe? Are there specific fittings for doing this?

Thank in advance

Mike

No it wouldn't and as such no there aren't any fittings. Doing this is asking for trouble (and very unpleasant smelly unhygienic trouble at that).

Do the job properly and no bodge-it shortcuts! (Details in building regs)

You could make a stub stack off the WC and use a waste manifold (see screwfix catalogue) but DEFNINITELY NOT into the side of the WC pipe!

Last edited:
Hi Group,

Would it be OK to have the waste water from the bath and the sink tapped into the side of the toilet waste pipe? Are there specific fittings for doing this?

Thank in advance

Mike

Urgh - imagine if the toilet blocked and backed up, you'd be bathing in cr@p!

Mcalpine do a few

[DLMURL="http://www.ukhps.co.uk/90-adjustable-with-pipe-boss-5420-0.html"]90° Adjustable With Pipe Boss[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
They are for attaching a ventilating pipe to in order to prevent hydraulic jump (or at last thats what I was told). Never used one.

They're for running other wastes into. I used one once because I was given it by my boss and told to, ran a basin waste into it. Not done another since. The only reason a manufacturer needs to make something is to satisfy demand - whether it's a good idea or not is often not a big priority.

I don't see it as a big issue it terms of it working or not or causing problems but it certainly does look rubbish.

I have used them on Council contracts. Down stairs WC and basin, only 4inc clay waste for WC in floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to bath and sink waste with toilet waste in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
IS IT POSSIBLE TO ADJUST THIS MIXER UNIT? WE HAVE TO HAVE IT TURNED ALMOST FULLY ANTI CLOCKWISE TO GET HOT WATEROUT. THE FRONT PLATE WITH MIRA ON...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock