Search the forum,

Discuss Bathroom heated ladder towel rail - which valve to use?! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

5DC0FB70-755C-407A-94FC-8AFE86E9F670.jpeg
E2CD785C-8D97-4D08-8EA3-AE0C534C5EF0.jpeg
BA8844D3-F03B-41BD-9DE1-8ADC74782126.jpeg
Hiya
I’m new to this forum and in need of some advice for my new home please!
The bathroom has a chrome heater towel rail radiator and at the bottom on each side there is a valve...I’ve tried adjusting them both but they don’t seem to do anything so I’m just intrigued as what their purpose is?
The rail is very hot and I can’t seem to adjust the temperature at all. There are no numbers on either valve so I thought that these just simply turned the rad on and off, working on the basis that clockwise is off and anti-clockwise is on. However whether the two valves are on or off the rail is still very hot! Any ideas why? And is there a way of controlling the temperature on these rails?

sorry to say you wont adjust them temp of the rail it will be either on or off

the valves are really just for maintenance and balancing the system

Reply to Bathroom heated ladder towel rail - which valve to use?! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock