Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Bathroom heated ladder towel rail - which valve to use?! in the Central Heating Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Mandy Cowlishaw

Mandy Cowlishaw New Member

5DC0FB70-755C-407A-94FC-8AFE86E9F670.jpeg E2CD785C-8D97-4D08-8EA3-AE0C534C5EF0.jpeg BA8844D3-F03B-41BD-9DE1-8ADC74782126.jpeg Hiya
    I’m new to this forum and in need of some advice for my new home please!
    The bathroom has a chrome heater towel rail radiator and at the bottom on each side there is a valve...I’ve tried adjusting them both but they don’t seem to do anything so I’m just intrigued as what their purpose is?
    The rail is very hot and I can’t seem to adjust the temperature at all. There are no numbers on either valve so I thought that these just simply turned the rad on and off, working on the basis that clockwise is off and anti-clockwise is on. However whether the two valves are on or off the rail is still very hot! Any ideas why? And is there a way of controlling the temperature on these rails?

2. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

sorry to say you wont adjust them temp of the rail it will be either on or off

the valves are really just for maintenance and balancing the system

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mandy Cowlishaw

Mandy Cowlishaw New Member

Thank you so much for your advice as it was puzzling me!