Search the forum,

Discuss Bathroom radiator connected to the hot water system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

patthepipe

OK, our bathroom radiator is connected to the hot water system, ie it comes on when the hot water is on even though the central heating is off. My question is can i switch it off? It seems to get 'super' hot and the water is only mildly hot, when i turned the radiator off for 10 mins the water got a lot hotter. Will it damage anything if i turn the radiator off?

You shouldn't damage anything BUT

Without seeing your pipework to be on the safe side I'd suggest you turn both valves off, then open a fraction, just enough to allow some heat through it. When you next ask a plumber or have your boiler serviced, ask the chappie for his opinion.

It's on the primary circs

A plumbers best off doing it could be a tricky job depending where the heating circs are and what floor coverings are down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bathroom radiator connected to the hot water system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock