Discuss Bathroom Radiator via Hot water Cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

clintpike

Hi all,
My bathroom radiator is heated via the hot water cylinder - I'm not sure if this is just to heat towels when Heating is off or its for a requirement for the cylinder?

Any ideas?

Reason I ask is because I am removing the wall between the bathroom and toilet to make it all one room but this radiator is on the dividing wall. So need to move it or remove it - there is another radiator in the toilet which maybe could be used instead?

Any info would be appreciated

Thanks

That's a bit like saying 'My car won't start, can you tell me why?'
We can guess at possible pipe layouts, what's feeding the rad etc. but without knowing more details no-one could say for sure.

Old school plumbing. Bathroom rad off the circs to ensure dry warm towels in the summer.

you can remove rad it's in the primary's. Is this a gas or oil install or is it solid fuel? If solid fuel , it's a NO!

not at all uncommon to find a bathroom rad fed off the primaries. as ermintrude says do not under any circumstances remove this radiator if your heating is fed by solid fuel without cutting in another rad elsewhere 'on the primaries' as this is required for heatloss.

Hi all, thanks for replies. It's off a gas boiler.
So if I remove it would I need to connect the inlet and outlet pipe of the radiator together to complete circuit?
If I did use the radiator that's in the toilet instead would that mess up my heating circuit or would that be ok if I just again connected in and out pipes together?
cheers

OP's system is gas. Solid fuel is another matter. As for locking out the boiler that's probably what the abv is for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bathroom Radiator via Hot water Cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Size of bathroom 230cm x 210cm Height 230cm Birmingham Area Initial problem Burst pipe underground in bathroom, concrete. Have had this dug up...
Replies
Views
Firstly I won't be touching or going anything... I only want advice if this is right.. my partners dad has a aga that is solid fuel unregulated...
Replies
Views
The Water Board have just replaced the main water supply to our property. We have a ground floor combi boiler. The central heating system for the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Looking for some advice please. Got a building, all one level with 7 radiators. 3 individual ones in separate rooms then 4 radiators...
Replies
Views
G
I've just bought a 3-floor house with a gas boiler on the ground floor and hot water tank on the middle floor. When I switch on the hot water at...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock