Discuss bathroom in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

daz1968

hello . i am refitting my bathroom suite . i have some practical knowledge of plumbing but one thing does fail me and you will be excused for laughing.i want to route pipe work for bath and sink below floor boards because at the moment everything is a bove and looks a mess , but i need to know can i drill 15 mill entrance through joists or do i have to dink the pipes in the top of joists and if so do they rattle please please please help :rolleyes::confused::confused:

if you are going to drill the joists,i would suggest using either hep20 or polypipe where you can run it in the length you require,if you are notching the joists us nail clips and put felt under the pipes,i might add that either method is normal practice.

Don't put plastic where it can not be accessed in future, use copper with soldered joints, you will have to notch the joists.

but be carefull where you notch the joist#s and be sure to follow the reg's on notching joists.

Look at building reg H.
You can only notch 1/8th of joist height (top or bottom,but not both) Measure off wall .7m x span divided by 100 to .25 of span(max).

Drill from .25 of span(where notching area finishes) to .4 of span.
Drill on centre line of joist (max diameter is 1/4 of joist height).
Distance between holes 3 x diameter (of original hole,centre to centre)
Hope this makes sense.
I think I've confused myself now!!!!LOL

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to bathroom in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I've recently had a new bathroom installed. I've noticed when I flush the downstairs loo there was a hammer type noise under the bathroom...
Replies
Views
Hello I am desperate for some help. Basically we are having our bathroom renovated. The plumber removed the units, including the sink a few days...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
So I bought my first flat recently (am in UK) and in a bit of a pickle as the bathroom has turned up lots of problems that weren't picked up by...
Replies
Views
I apologise in advance that this might not make sense or be full of silly/obvious questions, but I am a novice at all this! We have recently...
Replies
Views
Good morning, I recently had an extension, new bathroom and new en-suite fitted. Prior to the works the hot water worked. Now we have moved...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock