Search the forum,

Discuss Baxi Solo 24 HE with gravity hot water system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

landman

Can anyone tell me if this boiler can be used to run an old gravity hot water system and pumped central heating system. The gravity side is 28mm copper pipe and the central heating 22mm pipes. The existing pump is on the CH flow side. If not I presume the hot water side will have to be converted to fully pumped?

:iagree: I don't think there is anything that is reccomended to do gravity these days? Well actually coal/wood burners I guess are :)

gravity obsolute now, most/all new boilers only have 2 tappings. convert to fully pumped & youll get quicker heat up times.

Used a honeywell low voltage y plan lit once as I couldn't get hold of my sparky. Was really easy to fit and saved a lot of time. Not sure about fault finding on it in the future. Don't know what happens when motorized valve needs replace. Change the part or whole kit?

Thanks guys for the replies, looks like it will have to be changed to fully pumped

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Baxi Solo 24 HE with gravity hot water system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

IS IT POSSIBLE TO ADJUST THIS MIXER UNIT? WE HAVE TO HAVE IT TURNED ALMOST FULLY ANTI CLOCKWISE TO GET HOT WATEROUT. THE FRONT PLATE WITH MIRA ON IT PRISES OFF AND INSIDE THERE ARE SOME PLASTIC BITS AND A SMALL CROSS-HEAD SCREW IN THE MIDDLE. THANKS
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock