Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Baxi solo he overheating and fog horn noise in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

rayplumber

Gas Engineer
boiler goes to overheat lockout if you let it cool and press reset it works for 15 mins then locks out again, it also makes a noise like a foghorn for about 5 to 10 seconds at ignition i have checked all limit stats all are ok also replaced the combustion door seal, cleaned the burner it does seem to get hot in where the fan is thats why i replaced the door seals i think its the fan stat what is knocking it off because its getting hot in there cheers Ray

Check there is not any gaps or holes in the heat exchanger have had these melt as the burner fan pulls air in so any slight gaps will be leaking hot gasses into the fan compartment

Went back today and changed the seals on the fan and burner also noticed the ceramic bit of the burner was loose so fitted a new burner but after 15 mins of running it cuts out again off the limit stat on the fan but it runs with the front off mmm back to the drawing board it’s a shame the boiler is not by the sea then the god Horne noise would come in handy lol

Reply to Baxi solo he overheating and fog horn noise in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, we have a Baxi Solo 15 HE condensing boiler - The wall timer for the Central Heating and Hot Water is set to OFF not via the timed on off...
Replies
Views
In our Village Hall we have a Ideal Concord CXS/SD40/H central heating boiler. This was installed new when we had an extension built and the...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m having a problem with my Baxi combi boiler and wondering if anyone is able to help. In short, the water isn't heating. A few months...
Replies
Views
Baxi Solo 30 he, existing boiler in newly bought house for client. Condense trap replaced and combustion chamber door seal replaced. 1" bsp nut...
Replies
Views
Hey all, I’m having a problem with the plumbing in my flat. Last night when I turned the hot tap on in the bathroom it started making a noise...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock