Search the forum,

Discuss bbc 1 right now britains metal theives in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

REDSAW

just got to be worth a watch????????

just seen what happens to hands on nicking live leccie cable, dozy mutts, wont be apply to play with their bits ever again!

I watched it too. I can totally understand the need for ID now when cashing in scrap now, but I don't understand this cheque nonsense.

I watched it too. I can totally understand the need for ID now when cashing in scrap now, but I don't understand this cheque nonsense.

ID can be nicked/faked/not checked properly.

Once the money is in a bank account they have some chance of tracking it.

The government hates cash transactions because they are so much harder to tax.

Big brother wanting to control everything

Half the politicians want to control things because they know so much better than you whats good for you. Left to yourself you might smoke, drink or eat fatty food, and that can't be right.

The other half want to control things so that they can tax it. Left to yourself you might spend your money on things you want, and that can't be right.

Last year some smart Alec climbed up on the local church roof with the intention of nicking lead. The roof had a tower like section and he got to a place that he couldn't get back from. This was in the early hours, so he had to wait until the Vicar came to open up in the morning, and then he called out for help. The Vicar called the fire-brigade to get him down. lol

Local church-goers were fuming (not much Christian charity shown) and were all for locking him up and throwing away the key.

However, the Vicar stayed true to his calling, and spoke out about how desperate the man must have been to risk his life attempting to nick lead from such a dangerous spot.

I don't know what sentence he finally received.

Perhaps it was Probation with a condition that he get some unpaid work experience with a scaffolding company, with a free copy of the Drifter's CD thrown in!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to bbc 1 right now britains metal theives in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hey, I've got a leaking toilet and I need to replace the filling valve device which is a Geberit 810.L3 Type 340 with a 1/2" connector. Problem I've got is the connection under the tank (image attached). The top plastic nut (yellow) is only to hold the fill valve in place - I can undo it by...
Replies
Views
C
Apologies - I am not a plumber - not sure if it is ok to post here but... It's freezing and my boiler is not working so, I wonder if anyone can offer me advice? I have an old Glowworm Micron 30FF. Must be about 18 years old. The whole system needs replacing if I am honest - the tank it fills...
Replies
Views
    • Informative
Why am I not surprised? Britain’s gas network still using engines from 1960s RAF fighter jets Ageing aircraft turbines will cost millions to replace, says National Gas chief Jonathan Leake14 January 2024 • 5:49pm Mr Butterworth, chief executive of National Gas, says the network is powered by...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I have just joined, after being pushed into some DIY plumbing. Here is my first plumbing DIY effort. I had a cistern lever that didn't flush properly, and had become corroded and unsightly. I figured I'd get a plumber in to do it (after a couple of years apologising to guests for...
Replies
Views
Hey All-- New here as this is something I have not had to do on this scale before. I am renovating our laundry room, which currently only has the hookups for the washing machine box, but I want to add a sink as well. So I need some help with running the drain pipe mostly to make sure it is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock