Search the forum,

Discuss being a contractor in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

richardtheplumb

Hi everyone could do with a bit of advice if possible, I received a welcome pack today of a local private housing maintenance company "care and repair. basically they are inviting me to apply to be accepted as an approved contractor with them and was wondering if anyone has done this sort of thing and is it worth going for etc etc, I have heard one negative about this type of thing and that's I will have to register this hmrc and pay a higher rate of tax that im currently paying. grateful of any advice anyone can give
cheers Richard

yea i work for then and tbh round here they have lost a lot of there funding so work has dried up

Probably not relevent but ....
A friend of mine who is a sound engineer worked for a company on a SE basis for years a few months at a time on & off then one day he was told he had to form a limited company and they would only pay him through the company.

In fairness nobody knows other than you what its going to be like as you have the welcome pack should all be in that .

thanks everyone for your input, welcome pack not very good hammers and aw I would have to register that im a contractor with hmrc where they will then put me on 40% tax band so I was just wondering if it was worth going for it, best give them a ring on Monday I think thanks again everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to being a contractor in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock