Search the forum,

Discuss Best 14.4kw+ Single Phase Instant electric water heater exist in UK? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DuckyUC

Hi everyone

I try to buy/find a Instant tankless electric water heater in uk
as the flat I living in have no gas
and I want instant hot water supply

looking for a water heater that:

Instant Heat up water (no more 1 hour waiting)
Use Electric (no gas no coal no LPG)
Single Phase (no money upgrade to 3 Phase,no sure is it even possible for a flat)
14.4kw+ power (looking for higher power for 2 bathroom,14.4kw are the highest power I seen so far in uk)
Do sale and exist in uk (maintain/repair/UK regulation issue)

Any brand you know with comment are great!whatever good or bad

more detail:
My flat in birmingham have soft water,lime scale is not an issue(5X softer than london)
Able to upgrade the household electric service to 100Amp

many thanks for your help!
my last post about america heater
http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/c...3-instant-tankless-electric-water-heater.html

[h=1][h=2]EHC Slim Jim 14.4kW[/h]EHC Fusion 14.4KW[/h][h=2]EHC Fusion Electric System Boiler 14.4 KW[/h][h=1]Comet 14.4kW Electric Boiler[/h]Any other brand? not much I found on google

they are all about £1k include VAT, Comet look better from my view,but no idea it is good or not.

how long does it take for direct unvented cylinder to heat up?

The direct unvented cylinder I found have 2x3kw output to heat up 100L+ water,it can provide enough hot water for 2 bath but the long heating up time is the downside

A 14.4 Kw unit will give a hot flow rate of around 5l/min for decent temp rise.this is pants other than for showering. What are you looking to feed from this unit?

feed 2 shower run in winter at the same time, so 5/2=2.5L/min per shower
14.4kw is a lot for 1 shower, but i try to find a water heater that support whole flat hot water in winter,
if 90% power to 2 shower and 10% for kitchen use, that will be:
6.48kw per shower,1.44kw for kitchen.

My dream boiler will be a gas instant heat boiler that was so awesome, stable temp, unlimited hot water come out when you need it.

Last edited by a moderator:
you will be best with some storage. does not matter on the heat up time if the water is going to be used?. Modern cylinders will lose little heat so once heated it will not go to waste unless no hot water is used for a few days.

heat up time do effect the comfort a lot, for example if a normal storage heater take 1hr to boil the water and the hot water can use for shower of 40min, each person take a 20min shower then the 3rd person will need to wait 1 hour before he can shower.

in the case 2 shower operate at the same time, hot water will run out in 20min, that is a big difference between a storage and instant water heater in here.

Last edited by a moderator:
New question, Should I find electrician or plumber to install an instant electric water heater?
I googled it said find part P plumber are the best for this job?

you will want a plumber who is very good at electrics or both imo. you will want the cable/circuit sizing correctly and any issues with regards new meter tails, consumer unit etc doing correctly.

to run two showers and possible another fixture at the same time i would be looking for 16-20 lpm flow rate. Is this possible with an electric water heater?

they have a 14.4kw instant water heater with an option to add a 150L/180L tank connect with it, I guess with the 150L/180L tank will sure able to provide enough hot water. I am still not sure need that extra tank or not.

I have seen a post about a guy use the 14.4kw +150/180L tank and end up paying 100kwh per day bills? Sound really scary ,trying to find the link of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Best 14.4kw+ Single Phase Instant electric water heater exist in UK? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Friend has been notified by their Freeholder that the communal Boiler for heating and H/W will need upgrading at a cost of 80-100K per apartment...
Replies
Views
    • Informative
Why am I not surprised? Britain’s gas network still using engines from 1960s RAF fighter jets Ageing aircraft turbines will cost millions to...
Replies
Views
I'm in the process of buying a property which needs a complete bathroom overhaul. The current bathroom has an electrically powered hot water tank...
Replies
Views
Hi. It's cold as heck in Austin. Temps dropped to single digits last night in Austin. Last night loss power @ 2AM. This morning around 11:30am...
Replies
Views
A
Hi guys, looking at a ground floor extention for the customers elderly mother. She's going to have her own bathroom and kitchen and I need a hot...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock