Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Best boiler setup for my situation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

boilernoob123

Hi all!

First post and extreme plumbing noob. I'm looking for suggestions into what I should do.

Currently, I have a system boiler connected to a vented hot water cylinder etc. I would like to remove the vented cylinder to free up space and was looking into the unvented types - Megaflo etc. to put in my loft.

We currently have 1 shower and the problem we find is that if everyone wants a shower, one after each other, the last person almost always ends up with cold water and has to make do with the weak electric shower downstairs.

Would a Megaflo solve this issue or would a combi boiler be better, since water is heated instantaneously? I was thinking one combi boiler for the all the radiators and taps and then one combi upstairs for instant hot water for the shower.

Any suggestions or helpful hints would be very much appreciated.

how big is the property, number of bathrooms, number of rads etc?

Hi,

5 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms (one has an electric shower), 12 radiators

Unvented would suit best (im not a fan of any thing that contains water in the loft as seen alot of leaks), if not a decent size combi 38 odd kw should do it but personally I would go with a nice system boiler and unvented cylinder. all depends on budget, space, etc etc

Would an unvented cylinder solve the problem of the cold water in the shower? Am I right in thinking that an unvented cylinder has to completely re-fill and heat up water once all the water is used up? Because in that case, it would be a similar situation to the vented cylinder we have now.

You could get a cylinder that has a larger capacity of water, also they have quicker recovery times than older cylinders.

Thanks, which unvented cylinder would you say has the best recovery time? I know the Megaflo is a popular choice but does it have the best recovery time?

Personally I'd go for the 210
Get a solar coil init just to future proof if you ever put solars in not that much more for the coil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Best boiler setup for my situation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock