Search the forum,

Discuss best hot water system for low pressure mains in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

joe brown

Hello everyone, I have been asked by a friend what the best solution is for them, they want a new system installed but have low pressure at the mains, obviously stored water is the answer but could it be powerfull enough to have an unvented system...any help appreciated

hi if pressure not high enough for a combi then its not going to be high enough for unvented imo, you could put whole house pump in fed from cws tank and dhw cyl

accumalator for better flow rates, but bulky, system boiler will remove f & e tank fm roof space as well

i was under the impression you could get away with an unvented system as it relies on the water pressure instead of gravity so the pressure didnt have to be as high... i assumed thats what they where for..thanks pal... i dont think they wanted to revert to old gravity systems.. are you sure they cant run on low pressure

unvented systems need pressure to work, upto 3 bar so no pressure no uv sys, gravity fed only option with roof tanks, supplemented with pumps and accumalators

i was under the impression you could get away with an unvented system as it relies on the water pressure instead of gravity so the pressure didnt have to be as high... i assumed thats what they where for..thanks pal... i dont think they wanted to revert to old gravity systems.. are you sure they cant run on low pressure

Tbh if you don't know the requirements for unvented cylinders, you can't be qualified to install one, so I can't imagine you'd be pushing that route!

i havent done my unvented your correct but i was under the impression they operate from 1.5b to 3.0b i may be wrong,

so what is the dynamic mains water pressure your looking at?

i havent done my unvented your correct but i was under the impression they operate from 1.5b to 3.0b i may be wrong,
they have 3bar prv will work less than that but if you have 1.5 bar then stick combi in unless its got large dhw demand

You'll also need a good flow rate for unvented as every tap is relying on the same source. You'll need a massive incomer to achieve a good flow rate with poor pressure which I can't see them having.

Stored gravity sounds like the best option, but you need to measure, dynamic pressure and flow rate to assess the other options.

Agree ^^^
Stored gravity may be best option & can have good flow rates if the cold tank is high enough & large pipes are used from it & also taps & shower valves used that are suitable for low pressure. Depending on the owners needs, but if they want very high flow, a pump can be fitted beside the hot cylinder for whole house or supply just a shower valve.

Pressure and volume together need to be sufficient. 2-3bar 20l per min preferably.

I came unstuck once on a isolated area. everything was fine for 2 years great pressure and volume, then someone built a huge housing estate in the field next door and they robbed alot of the pressure and flow.

measure the dynamic pressure and flow rate of the cold main and then come back and tell us what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to best hot water system for low pressure mains in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Low hot water pressure Hi everyone, I'm hoping someone is able to shed some light on my situation before I have to call out the professionals. We've been in our house for over 3 years now, when we moved in the hot water pressure was pretty good (confirmed by a retired plumber family friend)...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I'm facing a rather complex situation and I need your expert advice. My neighbor and I share a boiler for hot water, and we have a single recirculation pump serving both of our homes. However, after the pump, the recirculation circuit splits into two separate branches, each...
Replies
Views
hello we have an unvented system. we have an issue where the hot water is hot for 10 seconds and then luke warm, turn off taps / wait and turn back and it repeats itself. had boiler checked and told it was the expansion vessel. Had the expansion vessel drained and recharged. plumber told me...
Replies
Views
N
Hi, I have a gravity based hot water system, and recently had a new kitchen installed. We never had a noticeable hot water pressure issue before, but the flow from the new tap is down to a trickle. Pressure head is c.3m. Flow is 2L/min compared to 12L/min minute out of the hot water tap...
Replies
Views
I have been facing central heating low pressure on unvented hot water RM Cylinders but can't see any leak on the PRV, expansion vessels and plasterboard celling. I have got unvented pressurized RM Cylinders hot water system with 27KW Worchester gas boiler with expansion vessels . When...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock