Discuss Best Push Button Siphon in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

smudger

Recently fitted concealed wc with push button syphon. The push button mechanism is rubbish. Its wire operated and the quick flush doesn't work. Also you have to press REALLY hard to make it flush. Its smooth when cistern empty but v stiff when full. The merchant is happy to swap out the syphon & button, but I think its either a design fault or just cheap. What would you guys recommend as the best to fit?:confused:

hi smudger,
i've fitted different concealed cisterns recently and not really had any problems with different makes or cable/neumatic push buttons.
Think you were just unlucky, what make was it?

hi smudger,
i've fitted different concealed cisterns recently and not really had any problems with different makes or cable/neumatic push buttons.
Think you were just unlucky, what make was it?
Not sure on the make to be honest. It was a "generic" concealed cistern & syphon, not a named brand. Picked it up at my usual supplier, they say they haven't had other problems, so like you say I may be just unlucky. Will try with new one, but want to keep customer happy as it was a whole bath refit and don't want a shoddy push-button to spoil the job, also wondering for future reference.

Fitted a gerbret cistern las week with no probs, fited one today call siami or something like that! no probs with that either.
The only issue with the last one was the rubbish flush cone supplied with it, not tight enough fit so had to use more silicone than normal.

sorry to change subject but anyone got tips on fitting branch connection to plastic soil pipe.I know it sounds straight forward but when i cut into the soil pipe outside, will the top section that goes through the roof need supporting or shoul it be secure enough until i get connection fitted

sorry to change subject but anyone got tips on fitting branch connection to plastic soil pipe.I know it sounds straight forward but when i cut into the soil pipe outside, will the top section that goes through the roof need supporting or shoul it be secure enough until i get connection fitted

Probably best to support it just in case. It should be supported by brackets but better safe than sorry. Can you prop it up with anything until you get connection, or whack a bracket in? Easier to support it now rather than sort it out if it comes out.

thanks smudger, Iwill support it with a labourer! what about getting the branch fitting in place, i will need some play in the pipe to get the fitting in between the two cut ends?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Best Push Button Siphon in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock